Community post

Discussion

Endo Success without lap??

I have not officially been diagnosed with endo since I've never had a lap but two months ago my RE saw a blue node in my vagina and suspects its endo. I don't have any serious pain with my periods or intercourse, just minor occasional pain. My RE is hesitant to do a lap because she said it wouldn't change my treatment which is Clomid/injectables combo with IUI. We had our first IUI on Tuesday the 18th, so I'm now 12 dpiui and with this morning's fmu 4 different hpts were negative. I am wondering if anyone with endo has ever had success with iui without having lap to clean it out? We have been ttc for 19 long months now with only 1 miscarriage to show for it last year. I am so desperateto be a mommy,I can't stand it anymore!!! :(

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi, I don't have a lot to say, my situation is a little different. But i hate reading a running! I have Endo, I was diagnosed last month by lap, I have painful periods but not awful, we only found out because or our inability to have kids. It effects everyone very differently. We've been trying to conceive since June 2010. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get you BFP soon.

12 years ago

Hi ..
How ur result on IUI?
I have endometriosis stage 4.
i had operated in July'11, Dec'11 i knew the endo still there which smaller saiz.
my doctor give me clomid next cycle but we all know that clomid can make endo or cysts bigger.

I heard endo can affect pregnancy but it is not impossible there is some people still success. My doctor give me 10% chances pregnancy with IUI but i still not try it.

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Me neither.

I am awaiting a lap & dye - as diagnosis only. To my surprise, they won't 'do a bit of cutting' at the same time if they find anything. They'll discuss my options with me first so that I know exactly what I'm consenting to. I concede that it's hard to have that convo when I'm out on an operating table.

How can they tell how bad your endo is without a lap? Scans and x-rays won't show up anything but the largest cysts/ adhesions. Do they know your tubes are clear at least?

Have you looked into the endo diet? [url]http://www.endo-resolved.com/diet.html[url]

I will be doing this while I wait. I want to improve my chances and feel like I'm taking some control back over my body and my fertility.

I do think that endo has connections with immune problems, if only because the body is exhausted trying to cope with getting rid of all the endometrial material (waste) in the wrong place. I want to boost my immune system so that it has a chance to heal itself. If nothing else, being super fit should make any treatement more effective.

Good luck and feel free to stay in touch.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

I want to wish you all luck TTC... Long road. I was diagnosed with severe endo at age 24. Had been TTC for a year. Nobody will even consider my concernsvsince I was so young, but I had very painful ovulation and painful menstruation. After 2 years TTC I had one lap....severe damage inside! Then started on stims for 3 cycles. 3 cycles of IUI and BFN all....a year later we erer told to either go for and IVF or adoption since my uterus and tubes weere really damaged and my ovaries scared bay yhe adhesions....and so we went for the IVF....BFP on the first cycle, 2 embryuos transfered but only one stuck....when my miracle boy came in after 4 years we couldnt believe it, ...and 10 months later we had a natural BFP, my RE was so afraid because he thought I w having an ectopic preg since my tubes were pretty much blocked...everything OK...then another BFP and m/c and then 3 more BFP...so we have 5 kids....1 IVF and 5 natural preg....
So...endo makes it difficult but if youre young Id try for natural conception for a year max....then id go fr a lap. I m 36 and recently diagnosed with DOR...my RE is telling me that my endo is the culprit since the bad environment ruin during years my repr organs.....
Baby dust to you all and hope my story gives you hope....

10 years ago

Turned out I don't have endo, but I do have (severe) adhesions. It was worth the lap to find out. I will find out soon if they can operate to separate my uterus from my bowel and unblock one tube. I also have a very heavy uterus lining which was scraped out.

There is a FB group for endo + diet and also endo + exercise. This might interest you. Look up Endometriosis Research Centre on Facebook and these should come up. I found them very supportive even when I didn't have a diagnosis - and even when I shared that I didn't have endo after all!

Best of luck whatevery you decide to do.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo