Community post

Discussion

38 TTC and NEVER been pregnant.

Hi everybody,

Well two days ago My husband and I had our first IVF appointment here in Australia. We've been TTC for over a year now. The doctor was not even going to put me on any kind of fertility drug as she said that my periods and ovulation was all normal. She said that clomid was only for women with abnormal periods. I've never been pregnant (which worries me at 38) but since yesterday I've felt very faint and weak, hungry all the time, snappy, emotional, stuffy nose,heavy boobs. Maybe I'm just coming down with something ? but of course Scott and I would be over the moon if we had the chance of doing it naturally and of course cost free! I'm 11 days past ovulation so I can't test until the 11th July. Will monitor myself like mad! I'll let you know.
Anybody in a similar situation to me? Would love to hear from you. Any advice would be welcome.
Hayley.

8 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Hi Hayley :)

I'm 37 and TTC#1 as well. We haven't been really trying for too long- things were simply too busy and unstable to bring a baby into the mix.

I haven't done any IVF - we won't be able to afford it. So it's natural or bust for us!

I don't have any great tips or anything- just wanted to say hello!

9 years ago

G'day,

Thanks for your reply. This is only the first day of me being on this website so it will be nice to meet some friends and follow each other's progress.
Good luck on your journey. We have private healthcare here in Oz that allows for a percentage for IVF otherwise there is no way Scott and I could afford it.
Just keep going, stay positive and don't give up. I'm sure everything will be ok.
I'll keep ya posted ok.

Hayley

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies,

I'm 34 and TTC #1 for almost 10 months now. I have never been pregnant before either so I know exactly how you feel. Can't afford IVF or any other kind of fertility treatments. So as you can imagine this journey even though just a few months seems and feels like an eternity. I have had ultrasound and HSG done and all have come back normal except one small cyst on my left ovary. Which my dr say can go away on its own. Starting to lose a lil hope as this was over 10 months ago she told me this. I have tried everything from FertilCM, vitex, and a bunch of other vitamins, bbt (which I lost my patience for) to just OPK's. Nothing has worked. Just countless months of symptom spotting and ending up in disappointment each month. I just purchased the CB Fertility Monitor as my last resort to TTC. It's good to know that I am not alone in this journey. Even though it's a tough one it's hard some months to not want to give up. But I'm gonna keep hope alive somewhere deep inside of me and pray that one day I will have my miracle baby. And one day you ladies will too:)

Good luck to all you ladies on this journey to motherhood!!

9 years ago

Hey Tpink,

Have you had your husband/bf tested yet? Yes they said that I had a few cysts too but it was nothing to really worry about and that all women experience this. Please do let us know how you get on with the fertility monitor as I heard lots about them and you know I'm sure a lot of us girls are not getting pregnant because we can't judge our ovulation right and that some of us just have a smaller window than others. My IVF treatment is starting on my next period (of course fingers crossed is dosnt!) please please let it work!! It's my last chance. Keep going ladies.... We'll get there!

Hayley

Hi im 39, saw OB GYN we are in the same situation, my dr said that IVF is the way to go. Ive been married for 14 month , we did not use protection but not really trying till may 14. Now im in 1 DPO but no symptoms. Last month, me and hubby went for vacation ( end of my cycle) came back home with AF .
Hope this cycle is the one!

So, any good news on you side?

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am 37 and DH & I are in our 17th cycle of TTC. I think I saw a very faint BFP once a year ago to only get AF the next day. It really is a terribly frustrating journey. We also can not afford IVF. I had a Lap done 2 cycles ago and they found I had late Stage 1 Endo on my left ovary and behind my uterus...which they did remove. I had no idea I had Endo. I feel like even though the doctor said this ups our chance to 80% I feel like in some ways we are starting from scratch and that annoys me too. However he did say if we weren't PG in 4 months after the Lap then we should consider IUI. Not sure yet if we can even afford that yet...we will have to contact the insurance company or the dr's office will send in for a estimate to get from the insurance company...before we can even consider it.

I am on Prenatal Vitamins, Omega 3, Vitamin D-3 and Baby Aspirin. I was in the beginning trying to drink a tea called FertiliTea and I still have some...probably start drinking that again until I O. I also use the Clearblue OPK's (the pink ones) I can never figure out the non digital ones...lol. I never thought to buy a fertility monitor...I guess I would have if my FS suggested it...but he only told me to buy the OPK's I mentioned.

It is nice to know that I am not alone...age and struggles. Hope everyone gets their BFP's and THB real soon!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Well just to let you all know that I got my AF: (
Me & my husband had our IVF consultation and I have to say I wasn't too impressed! She wouldn't let me try chlomid as all my tests came back as normal and she thinks I'm ovulating properly and we just felt that she just wanted to take our money. It's going to cost $10000! We have the money but I didn't really want to take that route yet untill I tried everything and it was absolutely our last resort. It's the only fertility clinic here in the Northern Territory so I can't even get a second opinion. No doctors here in Australia will prescribe chlomid. I did go back to the family planning clinic where she made me an appointment with the gyno who will prescribe it. So wish me luck. If she dosnt give it to me then I'll buy it online! Risky I know... But I'm desperate to try it. Any thoughts or feelings about this subject?
Keep going ladies and never give up! Xx

hbayley: Aww, I'm sorry arrived. I still haven't had much luck either. I haven't been prescribe clomid yet either and I am in the states. Not sure if the doc will prescribe it if we end up doing an IUI. Sadly DH & I can't afford IVF. Not even sure we can do an IUI. But you got me thinking about the clomid and doctors not prescribing it. So I decided to look up on Google "natural alternative to clomid". Try it. Has some good ideas and this way you aren't buying anything risky online. I did see someone somewhere within these forums talk about using Soy as a natural form of Clomid.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo