Community post

Discussion

OPK Confusion

Hello from Greece
I am so sorry for my English in advance, i don't use them frequently.
I am 29 , this is our second month we are trying to conceive and I really really need your advice!!!

so...since i was 16 i had a polycystic ovaries but nothing too severe. I had irregulars cycles and some times no period at all.
5 years ago my ob suggest to take glucophage for 6 months and it really helped me!!!! I saw a big improvement. I always had irregular cycle but the last 5 years i had period every month 28-32 days cycle.

On September we got married and last month we started our efforts to have a baby.
The last 2 years i can guess my ovulation due to cervical fluid and pain in my ovaries.
On October i wanted to confirm that the symptoms was ovulation and i started OPK tests specific the One Step tests.
On 14th day i had egg white fluid, pain on my right ovary ant a positive OPK test. i was thrilled!!!! My symptoms where correct and i new exactly when I was ovulating.

Last month it was our first effort.
I had positive OPK test on the 18th day of my cycle, the symptoms was as well pain in left ovary and egg white fluids. We had intercourse the day of the positive test. Unfortunately 14 days later I had my period.

This month i decided to buy clear blue digital test (not the advanced, the simple one, the pink) because the smile it makes it easier to read and to confirm that I read one step test correctly.
I started the tests on the 11th day of my cycle. Both tests came negative.

The 12th day of my cycle with first morning urine (according to clear blue) i got a smile!!!! I was so excited... i had some pitched to my right ovary and egg white fluid but not as much as i usually have on ovulation.
I decided after 10:00 in the morning to have a one step test as well to confirm ovulation.
It came negative!!!!!
I didn't know if I was ovulating or not...
The last 2 cycles i had positive opk test for 2 days in a raw in my ovulation...and with one step test that is more sensitive that the Clear blue I had a negative result.
The same day we decided to have intercourse just in case.

The next day i decided to start a basal body temperature chart
So here is my information so far...
12th day of my cycle positive CB negative one step (intercourse)
13th day negative CB and negative One step, BBT 98.24
14th day negative CB and negative One step, BBT 98.6 (intercourse)
15th day negative CB and negative One step, BBT 98.24
16th day negative CB and negative One step, BBT 98.42
17th day positive CB, negative One step BBT 98.42 (intercourse)
18th day (today) negative CB and negative One step, BBT 99.14 (Plenty egg white fluid )

So the One step test that gave me the 2 previous months positive results this month gives me only negatives
The Clear blue has already give me 2 positives within 5 days
My body doesn’t give me the regular signs
And my BBT i think it is too high the hall month

What is going on????
To you think that I didn’t ovulate this month or maybe I will ovulate later???

Sorry for the huge post but I am really confused and I really need some help!!!!!

Thank you in advanced for the help

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I would say you ovulated on the 17th if your temperature went up so much from the previous day, but your need
Two more days to confirm ovulation with BBT. What I recommend doing is listen to your body, like your CM and your BBT, only use the OPK as confirmation as you did the month before. Some LH surges are long like your two days and some are short and only last a few hours, what's important is making sure you baby dance the days leading up to ovulation and even the 24 hours after. Keep in mind you may not ovulate the same time every month it can vary by a few days, sometimes by even more.

I have irregular periods and cannot rely on OPKs because my surge levels are all over the place and it ends up stressing me out, which ends up throwing my cycle off even more due to stress.

Wishing you the best of luck! Hope this month is your month!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo