Community post

Discussion

tmi

OK so here's an embarrassing question... But I can't orgasm during sex only right after..so after he's done I then masturbate.. With that help sperm into my cervix? I know this may sound stupid but would like to know

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi there! No worries about the TMI, that's what we are all here for, to help each other! So, I am also TTC baby #1 and in many of my science courses in college they always said that a woman having an orgasm during intercourse or right after the man ejaculates could improve chances because of the uterine contractions that occur during an orgasm. While I don't think it's proven, I say if it helps you enjoy the moment more, then do it...because I truly believe most natural conceptions happen during passion and while you're enjoying love-making!

Here is something I found:

1. Does having an orgasm help you to get pregnant?
In theory, an orgasm could help you get pregnant, but experts agree its definitely not necessary. During an orgasm, the uterus contracts, causing a vacuum effect which could theoretically move sperm up into the uterus. But Sandra Gahn, co-author of The Infertility Companion: Hope and Help for Couples Facing Infertility points out, a certain logic in this theory, yet while studies have shown such a vacuum effect exists, whether it actually brings about a higher pregnancy rate is unproven:

"The key to getting pregnant is not having an orgasm (although it sure makes trying more fun), but timing intercourse to correspond with your fertile period. Trying to force yourself to have an orgasm every time is a recipe for disaster since the stress will not put you in the mood. If you do want to have an orgasm during intercourse, many women are not able to have an orgasm from intercourse alone, so added manual stimulation may help."

Source: http://www.babyzone.com/getting-pregnant/how-to-get-pregnant/embarrassing-fertility-questions_67087

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress this cycle!

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you! I feel better now..we bd every fertile day including ovulation day..so fingers crossed :) will keep all posted

9 years ago • Post starter

No problem! I think today is ovulation day for me, my OPK test strip was positive! We bd last night, and I want to try and do it tonight, and tomorrow just in case. How many DPO are you?

User Image

9 years ago

Today is 1dpo for me... I got positive opks yesterday cd14 and cd13..I had ovulation cramps yesterday

If don't conceive this cycle I'm going to use digital opk..these ones were kinda confusing lol

Exciting! We are in the same boat, so we can endure the TWW together! I agree about the OPK's...the strips confuse me too, lol. Please keep me update on your progress, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

User Image

9 years ago

The two is awful lol

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo