Community post

Discussion

new here ttc with fertility issues....

So my husband and I are ttc. Both of us have issues that could interfere with fertility so while I am hopeful, I won't be holding my breath. It breaks my heart... he wants another so badly and I would love to have my rainbow.
Hubby has varicocele and it's pretty bad. He will need surgery. Did at home male fertility test. Faint positive result. But not sure how reliable they are.
Now with me.... Had implanon inserted Jan 2011 and removed Dec 2014. So late. Periods few and far between last 2 years. Have only had like 3/4 periods since removal. Last period was Oct 29th and it was the first in about 3/4months.
I was diagnosed this year with insulin resistance syndrome and have high testosterone. Figured finally getting the T levels lowered because period was coming back so hubby and I started trying.
My body has been so crazy out of whack I don't know what's normal anymore. :(

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I'm not even sure I have ovulated at all yet.... did not really have discharge that indicated it.
Scares me tbh. I'm worried I just can't have another.

Oh, I also tried charting my basal temp and it was all over the place....

so period was oct 29-nov 2
pink pad said fertility window was nov 7-13 with the 12th supposed to be ovulation day.
anyway....my temps :
Nov 11- 96.41 F
nov 12- forgot
nov 13- 96.77
Nov 14- 97.59
nov 15 forgot
nov 16- 97.02
Nov 17- 96.21
Nov 18- forgot
Nov 19- 97.41
and then I got frustrated and gave up. Frustrated at the bouncing temps and that I kept forgetting. Early mornings of getting kiddos to school.....

so according to pink pad, next cycle was supposed to begin Nov 26....... here we are at Dec 5 and no period but negative tests.

8 years ago • Post starter

Have you tried using opk's? If you both chart and use ovulation predictor test strips, it'll be easier to pinpoint ovulation. I buy mine online in bulk. A lot of the bundles include pregnancy tests too.
Another thing that I can across this cycle is 'baking soda finger', some women(like me) have a really acidic body ph, so as soon as the sperm enter they're killed off. Baking soda gives me more cm and is supposed to make the body more sperm-friendly. I've heard of some couples who just tried the baking soda thing and immediately got pregnant after trying for several years! An overall alkaline diet for both you and hubby will also help.
There are so many options, so many different things to try. I'd start with the opk's first! Keep temping and add opk's.

8 years ago

Also, you might try using Fertility Friend, if you aren't already! Hopefully you're pregnant already, don't lose hope until you see AF! ;)

8 years ago

I haven't tried the opk yet.... do you have a website recommendation to buy them from? I hadn't thought about my pH levels... I will have to check that out. I don't use fertility friend, just pink pad.
I took a clearblue digital test 2 days ago and it said not pregnant. :(

8 years ago • Post starter

You can get cheap OPK's and Amazon. I got 50 I think for $10.
I would also suggest trying out fertility friend. All you have to do is take your temp and enter it and it does all the work for you. If you have problems remembering, put the thermometer right next to your alarm clock so that when you turn it off, you can grab it and temp. That is what I do. I put it right on top of my phone so I can grab it as I turn off the alarm. It can take time to get used to.

TTC #2

8 years ago

Sorry I don't get on here much! Yes Amazon, in a big pack, opk plus pregnancy tests. Take one opk with fmu, another around 8. It's tough to catch the surge, so if you don't see a positive don't freak out. I line mine up and whenever I see one that looks a bit darker than the rest, I BD right away. You take these tests each day from the end of af to ovulation.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo