Community post

Discussion

TTC After Chemical...How long to wait? Share experiences!

Hello! My husband and I are trying to conceive our first child. Two weeks ago we were so excited to get a BFP after just our first month really trying (tracking ovulation vs. just winging it the prior month). Unfortunately, by the end of that week I began to miscarry which was confirmed last Monday by my doctors.
I have to say, the doctor I saw who was not my regular was very cold about the whole thing, and I don't think I was just being overly sensitive. She told me "I recommend waiting one or two cycles before trying again." I said "If my levels are back to normal and I don't have any complications (no D&C) and I ovulate in a couple of weeks, why should I wait?" She seemed annoyed by the question and just repeated "I recommend waiting one or two cycles before trying again."
I'm still left wondering why I should wait. My miscarriage was much like a regular period (slightly heavier), I had no cramping or no uncomfortable "symptoms." My levels were back to normal within two days afterwards. I was very early in the pregnancy.
I'm torn between leaving it up to God to decide when we're ready (meaning trying this cycle regardless) and listening to the doctors and waiting. I also hear you're "more fertile" in the few months after a miscarriage and I don't want to risk missing even one of those "super fertile" windows. But what if I conceive this cycle and miscarry again? I'll blame myself for not waiting. What if I wait and miscarry that pregnancy? I'll wish I had started trying sooner. So many emotions! I'd love to hear some other experiences for support. I plan to call my regular doctor tomorrow but thought this may be a good forum topic for women in the same boat TTC. How long did you wait? Any success stories? Words of caution?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Steph 987

sorry for your loss , I had a chemical at the end of May so I know how horrible it is.

I didn't see my doctor after and after reading every thread post possible I decided to ttc straight away . It hasn't happened yet but I am hoping soon.

I would go see your regular doctor though to put your mind at ease because not matter what people say on here you will always wonder if you did the right thing .

sorry this isn't much help but wishing you all the best
xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo