Community post

Discussion

30 Months and counting......

My husband and I have been tic since Jan 2012. We first thought it would happen easily as both our families had no issues in that department.

However 30 odd months later and after countless tests, we've now been told it looks like I don't have a left tube or ovary :( To make matters worse I can't get any additional help from the healthcare system until my BMI is 30 or below (have lost 13 kgs since april and BMI is now 35.5) but still feels like it's never going to happen.

All our friends and family now have kids and we feel like real 'odd ones out' :-(

Sometimes I feel like it's controlling my life.

Just wondered if anyone else can relate?.....

Wishing all the luck in the world to anyone ttc xxx

11 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

I absolutely know where you're coming from. You're about 8 months ahead of me but I'm currently on cycle number 25 or 26 because my cycles are so short. DH has low motility and though we have been told it's not impossible to conceive, it's also been mentioned that IVF would be our best bet. Can't even consider that until next year. We're on our own until then and I'd rather get pregnant naturally anyway.

It all sucks because, like you, there doesn't seem to be any issues with reproduction on either side of our family. Everyone around us has gotten pregnant, had their babies, and are now pregnant again. Many are almost due. I've made sure I was going to be at work during big family events so I don't have to answer the question "When are you two going to have kids?"

Meanwhile, I can't see past ovulation until it's time for the TWW. It's definitely controlling my life.

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

9 years ago

Thanks for responding. It does get hard eh!

I'm the same with family events although the sad thing is people don't even seem to ask anymore as I think they suspect there's a problem.

Getting pregnant used to seem like the most straight forward thing before but now I realise nothing's set in stone!

Fingers crossed for you x

9 years ago • Post starter

You are definitely not alone. DH and I have been ttc since May, 2012. I got pregnant 3 months later but miscarried at about 6 weeks. I just assumed I would get pregnant again since it happened so quickly the first time. Now, almost 2 years later, still not pregnant. I did 6 cycles of clomid before I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. Got that under control and still nothing. I am the only one in my family that has had any issues. Even my cousin and my sister who were told they would probably never have kids got pregnant easily. Plus I work on a labor and delivery unit. I love my job but it's hard being surrounded by pregnant women and spending 12 hours a day hearing baby talk. And of course I get asked almost daily if I have kids followed by the "why not?". I love kids and have always wanted to be a Mom but I am so over being consumed by ttc

9 years ago

Oh bless you it sounds like you've had a rough ride. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage but admire you for getting back on track to keep trying.

I truly hope now your hypothyroidism is sorted that perhaps you will have some joy.

It must be so hard working where you do, being reminded all day every day. I don't know if it's just me but I find myself looking at some people and thinking 'why don't you appreciate what you have more?' just when I hear people complaining about their kids or people who don't even show interest when their kids are roaming off etc..... I guess it's easy to judge from the outside though.

Thanks for responding and sharing, I appreciate it. Wishing you luck! x

lcsaloon - It sucks! If it weren't for these online forums, I wouldn't know who to talk to. Can't talk to DH since he is mostly the reason we haven't conceived. It's not his fault. He wants a baby as much as I do. And I can't talk to friends and family because...well, they all got pregnant so easily!

Karissa - YEESH!!! Having TTC as l have, I don't think I could work in L&D. Actually, I know I couldn't. I work in a pharmacy directly across the street from a large OB/GYN practice. I go home grumpy on a daily basis.

I'm CD 10 at the moment. Where are you two ladies at in your cycles?

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

9 years ago

Yeah, it's rough. Had a therapist tell me to find another specialty cus I'm re traumatizing myself daily but this is all I have ever wanted to do and I am good at it. The thing that bugs me is when people who know what DH and I have gone through complain about being pregnant (especially when they were trying). I don't begrudge anyone for having what I can't but don't bitch about it right in front of me. Darn fertile people just don't get it. I am on CD 1 today and for some reason it's hitting me really hard this month. What do you guys do to relieve the stress and anxiety of TTC?

9 years ago

Karissa - Relieve stress? HA! You tell me. The last few cycles have really irked the crap out of me. Complaining on forums on here and on Fertility Friend helps.

I feel like I'm in the minority in that....I have taken a few breaks from temping and opk's and those breaks drove me NUTS!! I feel less stressed when I know where I am in my cycle. With DH's low motility, I have to make the most of my fertile period. Not being able to cross check when those precious few days are is infuriating to me.

What stresses me out even more is the TWW only to have AF show up again. Maybe I should take up crochet. I heard somewhere sleeping with yellow baby booties under your pillow is good luck for us TTC'ers. Aw, who am I kidding? I can barely crochet in a straight line.
Lol!

9 years ago

I've not found anything to help relieve the stress or the disappointment each month. It's like each time I genuinely convince myself "this is it" and when it's not, it feels like the end of the world all over again!

I use this site to help me see that I'm not alone and I'm lucky that my husband lets me rant away, but I feel immensely guilty as I'm the one with the health issue holding him back.

I'm cycle day 23 and we'll and truly in tww frustration! X

Icsaloon: I know how you feel. We know the issue is with me and DH is wonderfully supportive but he can't understand how guilty I feel that he has to miss out on parenthood because of me. Logically I know it's not my fault but you can't help the feelings of inadequacy.

9 years ago

I know exactly what you mean Karissa, it doesn't get any easier does it.

Sending you lots of luck though :) x

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo