Community post

Discussion

Could This Be My BFP? (PICS INSIDE)

Hi Ladies. I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's my story. I was diagnosed with PCOS + IR in January 2013. My husband was diagnosed with low t/low sperm count in 2013 as well. We conceived on our first round of IUI in November 2013 and have a beautiful 18 month boy.

Now we are TTC Baby #2. IUI #1 = BFN even though I had 3 good-sized follies and my husband had 8M sperm post wash. We are currently on IUI #2. His numbers were only 1.75M, so we both were upset and discouraged, but our RE suggested we at least try. He takes Clomid daily. This round I was on Femera CD 3-7, follistem, ovidrel, and progesterone suppositories. Even though I was discouraged and just wanted to get this cycle over with (I was convinced it was a bust), I still decided to test the trigger out. It got lighter and lighter until I didn't see anything.

Yesterday, 10 DPIUI and 12DPT, I got a faint positive on an FRER and even fainter on a Wondfo in the afternoon. Today, still faint on Wondfo, but, to me, it looks a touch darker. Not by much, but a little. I would believe in it a little more, but the trigger always leaves a lingering doubt. I called my RE's office yesterday to ask if it could be the trigger, and his nurse said that it would be gone by now. I asked if I could be cautiously optimistic about the BFP, and she said yes. I'll only have betas done if I get a BFP on Friday, which will be 14DPIUI, because my RE thinks that if he does the betas earlier and the numbers are low, they won't know if it's because something is wrong with the pregnancy or just because it is early.

Just wanted to ask for an extra set of eyes to see if anyone else thinks that this could be a true BFP or residual trigger. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's so darn hard not to.

User Image

User Image

User Image

9 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I would love to reply, but the pics aren't shown/ won't load!

8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up leilanib! I'll work on that lol.

8 years ago • Post starter

Here are the pics. I think for real this time. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to add to the original post.

[URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/mamaesq/media/FullSizeRender-1_zpsfxaorymy.jpg.html]User Image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/mamaesq/media/FullSizeRender-2_zpsqgyt7nj9.jpg.html]User Image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/mamaesq/media/FullSizeRender-3_zps8o0dcbfi.jpg.html]User Image[/URL]

The first response looks promising. How long after taking the test did you take the picture? I hope this is it for you!

8 years ago

Thanks, Sophe! The second photo was taken probably 10ish minutes after I took the last test (on the bottom)? The rest of the tests are from previous days in my cycle.

FRER taken between 5-10 minutes after.

If the line showed up fairly soon after taking the test, that's great news! Are you planning on testing again tomorrow morning? When is AF due for you?

8 years ago

They did show up within the time window on the test. For the FRER I believe the package said 5 minutes. I thought I saw a negative at 5 minutes until I saw that little squinter lol.

AF is due this Friday. I will be POAS tomorrow morning and will update :) I probably will pick up another FRER 2 pack and use one tomorrow, and one on Friday since that's the day that my RE wants me to test.

Thanks so much for your two cents. :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo