Community post

Discussion

Dye run or...?

Okay gals, so first let me start by saying 1. I totally know not to read tests after 10 minutes. I think we all do, but I also think we all dig through the trash just to peek one more time, or in my case I just stash them places and look every hour hehe.
2. I know evap like are very common in blue dye tests BUT I am going to ask my question anyways and just see if anyone has had an experience like me.

So, Today I bought a clear blue weeks estimator..I paid ten bucks only for it to glitch on me and No results showed up on the screen so my back up was Dollar General. I bought a 2 pack of Rexall tests.

I tested.it was Negative within the 3 minute mark.
But of course I popped that baby open just to make sure i couldn't see a line in the light. Nothing of course.
I put the test back together and put it in my car while I did some things.
Later I tested again just because I'm sort of obsessed..and this one too was negative. Once again i popped it open..i touched the whole strip. Then suddenly the test turned positive ( I know, I know, obviously this isn't an actual positive) BUT as my day went on i went and grabbed the other from the car...which had in fact a VERY blue line BUT it was skinny.

Then i started to wonder, could my touching the strips with my hands after opening the tests caused the Dye to smear onto the Test result line?? Are they Evap lines?

I know most likely they are negative but i was surprised that 2 within hours both turned positive...
Any other similar stories? were you pregnant??

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi apeace33, the same thing happened to me last cycle. I used a blue dye test and a hour or two later, it had a thin blue line that got darker as the day went on. I wasn't pregnant.

I read that opening the test and exposing the strip to air can also cause the dye to appear and darken.

I know it's hard. The waiting and wondering gets old fast. How many days since you ovulated?

8 years ago

Today im 12dpo AF is due Thursday and its onl my 3rd mobth off BC byt so dar my cycle has stayed a normal 28.
Today I checked my cervix and its like non existant. But I know tgars not a reliable source either...I vowed not to take anymore tests until Im at least 1 day late..too expensive lol!

8 years ago • Post starter

The first digital tests I took said not pregnant, but when I opened it there were faint blue lines. A day or so later I tested again and it was positive. I have had numerous evaps the same way you're explaining. I think it's possible you could be, but try as hard as you can to think of them as negatives. Best of wishes!

8 years ago

This has been a strange month for me too testing wise. I got a BFP on a wondfo at 7DPO. Tested right away with an FRER and it was negative. Did numerous other wondfos throughout the day and they were all also negative. Did another wondfo with FMU on 8DPO BFP, again, used an FRER (with the same urine), and nothing. Yesterday morning I took a cheapie walmart first signal, and it was negative. Left it in the bathroom while I was at work, came back at the end of the day and it was VERY positive looking. I'm like you when it comes to knowing all about the evap lines, but I know 2 other things as well. 1) I've NEVER had a bfp like the two I've had this month on wondfo's (even though I know 7DPO was probably too early) and I've taken almost 100 (not an exaggeration) and 2) I ALSO tend to be a trash digger when it comes to my tests and I've NEVER had a pink evap line like the one that was on that first signal. I tested this morning was an E.P.T +/- and it was negative. I'm 10 DPO today. Not sure what to think either :-/ We probably just need to stop reading the tests after the time is up (although this would not have helped me with the wondfo's as they were positive within the 3 minute mark. DH even saw it!)User Image

8 years ago

Your right lol, we should stop digging. I have a possible new symptim but im trying not to think too much into it but today my cervix is so high and blended in i could barely find it and also i seem to be having bowel movents several times a day...but that could just be nothing but im normally rather constipated..tmi sorry lol. But again..im going to try and think nothing of it. 2 more days and AF is due so we will see

Keep us posted! Good luck :)

8 years ago

Same to you!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo