Community post

Discussion

Is the test possible to be positive this early?

Hi everyone,

My wife stopped taking her Yaz birth control on the first week of November and today November 26th she tested with a digital First Response this morning and got a "Yes+". Now she says her last period was Nov 4th or 5th and that her next one is supposed to be around Dec 2nd - 5th. So this test says it's accurate 5 days before her period and I am wondering because she tested maybe 6 - 9 days before her period, is this accurate? We bought 2 more and intend to test tomorrow and Monday, if all 3 are positive, I think it's for sure, ya? Any advice, tips, opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

It it says + (and she was not using any medication that could afect the result) then you guys are pregnant!! You don't get false positives, only false negatives this early.

8 years ago

We tested again today (the next day / 27th) and it also tested positive. What do you think? Sounds like it may be real.

8 years ago • Post starter

She just took a 3rd test 4 hours after the 2nd one and it's positive also. So with 3 digital tests saying "Yes+" and being less than a week away from her expected period date, I think it's official, looks like we are having a baby. I think we got lucky as she only stopped birth control 3 weeks ago.

8 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations! What a wonderful gift for the holidays! Get into a doctor soon and enjoy the ride!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo