Community post

Discussion

3 faint positives since 12/13 dpo, but neg blood test???

I have had 3 positives over the past three days. All three have been slightly darker than the day before and AF should've started yesterday. I went for a basic blood test today, though and it was negative??? The nurse said to come back next week bc my levels probably weren't high enough yet. Anyone else experience this it have advice? I lost a baby in Jan and am so anxious. Here's today's picture. User Image

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I don't think the image showed up, so here is the link....maybe it'll work. http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=485445

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi. I've had 5 miscarriages, so well familiar with the blood hcg process unfortunately.

Anything under 5 is considered a negative blood test. Anything over 25 is considered positive. So you have this gray area in between 5 and 25. The FRER could be picking up this gray area reading. Did they tell you your actual hcg level?

The other possibility is a chemical pregnancy, but I would expect the lines to be getting lighter not darker if that was the case.

Keep us posted on how you get on and good luck. :)

8 years ago

They didn't tell me my levels....they just said that they did the yes/no blood test and suspected that their test just wasn't picking up the positive yet. Today's test was darker than yesterday's, so I feel good about things so far. I go to my actual OB on Tuesday, so I'm sure I'll find out more then. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hi there,
Don't stress about it to much ok it generally takes 13 days past implantation for you to start producing hcg levels in your blood you probably have only just started producing it in your blood and it's still at a low level and can't be picked up yet, urine test can pick up the hcg lvls sooner.. Wait a week then go for another blood test . Wishing you all the best

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I was actually diagnosed with a chemical pregnancy today and AF should start soon. I appreciate all of your well wishes. Good luck to you all.

I came to leave a comment after seeing your test but I see your update. I'm so sorry for your loss. We have had 4 chemicals in a row past 4 cycles...I am 9 months PP and now taking Vitex to boost my progesterone and lengthen my LP again, things have been a little mixed up since I gave birth to my LO 9 months ago and breastfeeding, etc. Anyways, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry and you are not alone. Praying for you.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo