Community post

Discussion

Does early BFP higher the chance for twins?

Hi Ladies,

I am curious if anyone got and early BFP and has twins?

I got my first BFP at 8 DPO faint but that is ok. On 10 DPO it was pretty dark. I am 38 yeats old.

I read some forums and facts that an early BFP and higher age (between 30-40 or over) could higher the chance for twins.

The reason: over 35 five years women does not ovulate regularly (not every month) and if it's happen then there is a higher chance to release more then one egg.

Please share you experience with us!

Thank you and Baby Dust

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

A high hcg in early pregnancy could indicate multiples. I am having twins and my 1st bfp came at 9 dpo. I got a faint bpo thereafter...the rest hpt were negative or inconclusive.

I still have pregnancy symptoms but the babies hcg levels will not register on ept because of super high hcg. Google: "Hook Effect in Early Pregnancy."

My factors for multiples were/are:
African american
Over 35
Tall or overweight
My mother is fraternal twin
2 of my sisters birthed twins
Had been amping on protein & dairy
Peri menopause stage
Had been eating yams/sweet potatoes (not the canned)
Have had several previous births (6 to be exact)

I think that's the whole list, but I sorta knew something was going on internally like a week dpo when I became bloated for no reason, and had headaches like never before. I was shocked at every positive ept because I do gym workouts and 4 mile power walks (at least I used to about 6-7 wks ago)

Hope this is helpful to you, congratulations & best wishes!!

9 years ago

Thank you for your answer and congratulations for you.

Your answer is really helpful. I do not have twins in the family, however my cousin gave a birth to twins but everyone said it happened because in his hubby's family are twins. But now I am thinking.... She released two eggs not hubby.

I'll update here my outcome. It could take a few more weeks, but I'll try to get an u/s as soon as possible.

I wish all the best for you!

(sorry for my English but it is not my first language)

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo