Community post

Discussion

Hardness Lower abdomen/Bloated 8DPO anyone experience this?

Now 12 DPO and my belly is like a hard round ball . 1day before missed period experiencing lower back cramps.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Ah the joys of bloating. You may also need to poop if you haven't today.

I pretty much always get bad bloating during the TWW so I feel your frustration. Progesterone is elevated during the luteal phase reguardless of whether an egg was fertilized or not. Progesterone slows your digestion a bit causing lovely symptoms like bloating and constipation.

Hopefully the bloating and cramping is a good sign this time but if you're someone who tends to get your hopes up and then end up very disappointed you may want to try to keep your expectations in check by knowing that unfortunately bloating and cramping before a period is very common and normal.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Hey Nameless aria ,
I have had this bloating for like 2 weeks now(8dpo) , its usual for me because it usually shows up on the day of my expected period. So far i am 3 days late and still this hard glorious (lol) belly ! Thanks for responding !
Ade

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo