Community post

Discussion

Feel Stuck & Helpless

I just signed up for this site and just wanted to know if it has been worth all the upkeep of tracking everything for you or not? I use a period tracker on my phone and thats about it. I could never stay regular with the BBT, Im sure my Dr wont be too thrilled that I wont have a completed chart to show him for my follow up apt next month but I found out that you have to do your temp after you have been in a deep sleep for at least 3 hrs, that would never be consistent for me because I wake up so many times in the night that by the time my alarm goes off ive been in and out of sleep for hours, so I just bought some Ovulation tests today that Im going to try with my next cycle. I am 27 and have a soon to be 8yr old, but I am beyond ready to have another one. We have been trying for over a year now and I have had ultrasounds done to make sure I dont have any cysts n he had his sperm count checked and the Dr. told him he was above normal. Everything we have tested for has been fine so we just feel stuck at this point. In Dec. they want to do a test where they shoot dye into my uterus to check the flow and make sure there is no blockage, I have heard its very painful & Im sure its pretty costly. The Dr. he went to for his sperm check told him about his wife having the test done and getting pregnant within the next month or 2. I would do it in a heartbeat, I just dont know if there is anything else to try first? Any and all advice appreciated!!

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Just check your temp before you get out of bed for the day. Don't worry if you had a bad night of sleep. The ovulation tests are worth it just do them during the fertile window. If you do the temps then this website calculates when you should ovulate. Fairly convenient. Just keep a thermometer by the bed and pop it in while you check your email

8 years ago

Hi, I've been trying for over a year now too and my heart goes out to you. The frustrations every month ending with a bfn is gut wrenching, and then trying to figure out what you can do better next month. Saying its a roller coaster ride doesn't quite cover it.
Have you tried taking vits and supplements to help your egg/uterus/cm health while you are trying naturally?
Melatonin 3mg at night could help you sleep better, it is one of the ingredients in ovaboost, might be worth checking out.
I think the doctors preference is a temp chart as they get an idea what your hormones are doing throughout the cycle and can pin point any problems. I know it's a pain but as long as you take your temp before you sit up or get out of bed the chart should work. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't cope without my sticks, opk's let you know in advance when to concentrate on trying.
Keep tracking your temps, watching for dark lines on opk's and hopefully you will be so distracted your will sneak right up on you xx

8 years ago

Thank you this is helpful. I was actually taking the melatonin and stopped because I read on the bottle that if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant to consult a Dr. first and I havent talked to my Dr. since then. I will give the BBT another shot I just thought it wouldnt give me accurate readings. I'm suppose to start my new cycle Thursday so I will start the OPKs during my fertile time and see if that gives me any more of an insight. I was reading up on how people go about using them since I never have before and it talkes about people testing 2-3 times a day. I guess I just dont understand how the test would change over a matter of hours? And if the test shows that you are going to ovulate how would you know how soon it happens?

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi again,
Now opk's is something I have become very familiar with. Start at roughly cd10 or earlier if you know you ovulate early. The first time I started when af was done. These are the opposite of preg tests as in you don't use morning urine as it is concentrated. Most days you will get a pink line but it will be faint. When it starts to darken you are approaching ovulation and when the pink line is the same darkness as the control line, or darker, this is when ovulation takes place. As soon as you see the line start to darken dance your heart out and once the line lightens you can put your feet up. I always dance the day after to be on the safe side.
You will soon realise what is normal for you and will realise when the colour changes. Remember it is considered negative until both lines are equal.
If in doubt post a photo and people will try help.
Hope that makes a bit of sense. My first month I bd a LOT using opk's as I thought any line was a positive. Feel silly now but they didn't have instructions

8 years ago

Thanks that is so much help! I was kind of going into it blindly lol Im new to learning all of the abriviations that people use on here, I kinda feel silly when I read things cuz im like af hmmm what on earth does that mean. There are others I just cant remember off the top of my head.

Savannajo, just thought I let you know:
Melatonin 3 mg at night taken in conjunction with myo-inositol is recommended by the Utah University Fertility program to increase fertility. (I had a consult there a year ago) Also endorsed by my acupuncturist, so I take both. Best wishes to you like always!

8 years ago

What is myo-inositol? I just want to try things to increase my fertility as I got in your message! Here I thought Melatonin was a big No-No lol

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo