Community post

Discussion

Positive at 37 mIU/ml

Hello loves ,
I'm new to this website .
My lovely husband and I sadly had a miscarriage in June of 2015 , I've had irregular periods since but monthly , I thought I was more than a few months pregnant these last few months so wrote down my symptoms as they grew each week , now the bleeding scared me so I assumed it was my period. The past few weeks I've tooken some pregnancy tests and they have all came out positive , but very faint. The last one I took yesterday was a little bit darker and today I had my appointment with my ob. They pregnancy test came out a faint positive and they took some blood and it came back positive . However I thought I would be further but my HCG hormones were at 37mIU.

Is it possible for my blood results to pick up pregnancy that early and can my pregnancy test be positive at 37 mIU/ml ?

I know I'm pregnanct , I feel it but I am nervous since I have miscarried before. I go back Monday morning to take more blood tests to see if my levels have doubled .

Would love to hear back if anyone has experienced this and/or is experiencing it now .
Best of luck to all of you lovies <3

A worried (trying) mother to be LOL .
- Shantelle

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I also haven't had a period or any bleeding this month .

8 years ago • Post starter

I'd say congrats and focus on positive thoughts while awaiting a progressive trend in your betas.

If i understand your question correctly a blood test can absolutely pick up hcg at any level, they just consider anything above a 5 pregnant. Good luck.

8 years ago

Thanks so much ! And it to can pick that up on a pregnancy test that early ? because my tests have all came back positive but faint .

Yes. Thays the reason why women get betas because they are more definitive in early pregnancy. The level could be a zero, or up to 5, and be negative. Anything above 5, will be repeated to help aid in determining viability in addition to u/s later on.

8 years ago

What is a beta ?? I just took a few tests from Rite aid .
Thanks again for your help (:

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo