Community post

Discussion

High cervix and inflamed uterus per ob? Anyone have this?

Hi all,

Just have a question, I ended up going in for my annual exam today, which worked out well because I had an ingrown hair down there (tmi) I know and wanted her to check that out and I also for the past two days, not today, but yesterday (Tuesday and Monday this week) I had very slight, I mean slight bleeding, not even enough for a pad or anything. I just happened to notice it when I looked down at my underwear and saw some drops of blood. Then I would wipe and see some here and there over the course of that two days. So, I mentioned that with my doctor as well, and of course it could be implantation bleeding as she said or it could be menopause or perimenposal, or cervical cancer (first sign), so she checked and there was no blood at all down there. So she really didn't say I could be pregnant of course but told me that if I don't get a period to call them and have them run a blood test.

I just noticed that my boobs were really sore and she was really squeezing them or anything, and I was so puffy down there and my cervix, like she said was really high and very sensative. She told me that because my cervix is high, it could be related to the fact that I had a C-section 6 years ago, and getting a c-section caused it to remain high up as well. (though I have been trying to do some research on that and I haven't found that).

I get she can't really say i am pregnant because well its too early, and she was very vague but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this or just any kind thought or what you think?

My last period was 10/30 and my husband and I had fun on the 8th and 10th of this month, and when I ovulate it varies it month, so I can't really narrow that down. Cause some times, i get my period every 28 days and some times I get every 27 days or sometimes I get every 26 days. so it really is hard to narrow that down. I started to spot on Monday which depending when I ovulate it would have been 6 dpo.

Anyway, any comments? What do you think? Thanks girls!

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

First, I'd say that it would have made sense for them to have just done a beta while you were in the office. Lol. Depending upon your insurance&md office , they're not expensive. Mine are $9.

Also, if your cycles are regular 26-28 days, you could use bbt or opk's to track when you are ovulating. My cycles are similar, my last was 10/29. Im currently 8dpo.

In regards to your cervical position/sensitivity, anatomically the c/s thing makes sense to me due to the uterine manipulation during the surgery. But specifically the sensitivity could have been from intercourse, idk. Just guessing. Also, SO many ladies here say they have breast tenderness, aches, etc during the 2ww. Early on, its all hormonal imo, and some women just notice it more b/c of ttc & symptom spotting. Hopefully you'll have a bfp in a few days. Pile up on internet cheapies, and go to town testing!

8 years ago

Well I agree with you on that. I'm not sure why they just didn't test me but because of my insurance she is a new doctor for me, (not that matters of course) however, my point is my old doctor would have ran tests for sure. Some doctors these days are very cavalier about things. I'm hoping I can see my old doctor for this pregnancy. I have one who is about to 6 years old and have been trying for 4 years, had some losses.

I used to use HPT all of the time. and honestly those really didn't help because each month it was different and I would at times have dark line through out my whole cycle (hence all women are different.) I honestly didn't do these past two months because well reading online a women my age has a 1% change of getting pregnant, I'm almost 45 so I just felt why bother. Plus being told by my doctor the chance of me getting pregnant on my own is very slim to none and insurance (mine) doesn't cover that and help with that other then telling me I can't. So this month I actually didn't care, I mean I cared of course but it was different, because I just thought of what the doctor said and the 1% chance, and kind let it go. I'm still hopeful though, as with most things, I have hope and faith, but maybe I was just coming to terms with it. Who knows.

Yes that makes sense to me but I would love to read more about it. I'm not sure the sensitivity is really caused by sex, especially since we haven't done it since the 10th which is 8 days ago. I would think the sensitivity would be less at this point, but then again anything is possible. I just remember when I had my last exam, my cervix was never that high (it was the same doctor ) and it was never that sensitive, so I thought it was rather strange. And she also stated my uterus was enlarged as well (which is what I meant by puffy down there). All of these things of course could be related to pregnancy or could be related to other things, which I'm glad I was able to get in and get tested. Cause we talked about cervical cancer etc..

As far as my breasts, it was just strange because they aren't really are sore to the touch per say, it was just when she was moving them around where I noticed how sensitive they were. Again, though I do get sore breast and enlarged breasts right around my period as well. So I'm not really and I'm sorry if it sound like I was implying that it was a pregnancy symptom. I learned along time ago, to never really trust those "symptoms'" we appear to get during the two week wait at all. Just because, well I don't think I need to discuss that, we all know. I just thought it was strange because I never had them be so sensitive before during an exam. I mean Had a doctor actually who moved my breasts all over the like, like he was playing with play doe (long story) and they weren't sensitive like that. I'm sure it could account for so many things other then pregnancy. I mean everything is so closely related its truly hard to really determine what is what sometimes, which again is why I posted this because each person and each pregnancy is different.

I always welcome different opinions, or views or comments, as long as they are well intended, like yours. So thank you for the comment and the reply.

I'm just to not stress about it any more and just wait it out and see what happens. I sometimes read more into things that it needs to be and sometimes really get into my head and feelings so I just need to wait it out.

Thanks again. I wish you luck as well.

8 years ago • Post starter

You're welcome. And thank you.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo