Community post

Discussion

IUI advice and support

Today is 14 days past our first IUI and of course I couldn't wait any longer so I tested this morning. The nurse who did our IUI told me to wait till Nov 19 to rule out false positives. We'll today I got a BFN so I called the nurses line at my fertility clinic and told them. She very coldly told me well its a negative so your not pregnant you don't have to test anymore just wait for your period to show up. Then asked if we'd like to do another IUI. I said I guess so and she said well call when your period comes abd well set it up ok. I know to them this is a daily thing but to me it was abrupt and harsh, maybe I'm over thinking. But it took everything I had not to cry. I'm wondering if anyone got a bfp after the 14 days? Or if they had negatives then got their positive? Also ladies who have had periods after failed IUI were they any different then your normal period? Just need some support right now completely heartbroken and feeling defeated and broken.

TTC #1 5 years
4 miscarriages
3 failed clomid/natural cycles
And now 1 failed IUI

11 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi,
I'm really sorry I can't help but know a few of the girls in the "ttc over 40's" forum have or are doing iui' s. If you post your question there I'm sure they would be happy to help, they are wonderfully warm caring ladies.
Good luck

8 years ago

I never got a positive past 14 days after IUI but I am sure others have. I am sorry you are in such turmoil and so disappointed, I completely understand. I am currently on cycle #30, 5 dpo, 16th IUI and have no expectations whatsoever. It's sad somehow, at some point one doesn't expect anything else but another BFN. Periods following IUI cycles aren't any different from those following non IUI cycles. If you have been on progesterone supplements you might have more bleeding. Wishing you all the best and hopefully you will be blessed soon <3

8 years ago

I know exactly how you feel. I was in your position 8 days ago. I tested at 14dpiui and i got a negative. It was my first iui and i was on progesterone that gave me all kinds of symptoms. I had 4 nice eggs and DH sperm was perfect. And nothing. Even my doctor thought it was strange!
I think i was so devastated i couldn't even cry. But to tell you the truth i didn't feel it was time.

My period wasn't the regular one at all. The first day i had only brown spotting. 15dpiui i got my period but it was really dark, it almost looked black. It only lasted 3 days and it wasn't heavy. Definetely not normal. I thought maybe it was the progesterone.

I'm going for my second one too, started clomid and waiting to ovulate. I had the hope that i would get a positive after my BFN and i tested at 16 dpiui, to be sure before i take clomid but BFN. I still can't get it out of my head, it's like a disease..

Have you checked why you may be having misscariages? I have never conceived TTC #1 for 30 months. I'm starting to lose hope.

My thoughts are with you, i know exactly how you feel.

8 years ago

Mozart,

I hope you get your little miracle too! I can't imagive how hard it is going through so many cycles! Normally, i know you are only supposed to have 6 medicated cycles. Were all your cycles medicated?

8 years ago

Thank @jerry27 I was freaking out this morning as my cycle has started the same way. We've contacted our clinic for the next iui but they haven't gotten back to me it also doesn't help DH I'd going to be away for work during the time it would be done in Dec so it looks like we'll have to wait till January. Sending positive vibes your way and baby dust this will be your month :)

8 years ago • Post starter

@ jerry27 we did 3 cycles with jus clomid and opks none of them worked. For my iui we used fermera and an ovidrell injection. No progesterone though. Our next will also be medicated I just turned 33 so they want yo give me a good run with follicles. I'm guessing however that our dosage will be increased this time.

The first time i took clomid i ended up with a cyst and i had to take contraceptives!It was so frustrating. I'm thinking if i have unexplained infertility than why whould 3 more follicles work? I'm doing this cycle and i'm done for a couple of months.

I've seen so many friends and family not even considering for a baby when i started trying and now they have children and i'm still trying. Sometimes i think it's probably not time, maybe there are other things that have to be sorted out first maybe with myself before a commit myself to a baby. I don't know, i'm tired of thinking.

Just think that it's just as well to have a break. We are stressing our bodies with all those hormones, i don't like that at all. Why doesn't your DH come with you on your bussiness trip and you can have fun naturally! :)

8 years ago

I have unexplained infertility I got pregnant 2 years ago naturally found out at 7 and half weeks and miscarried at 8 I had no idea I could even get pregnant we've had 3 miscarriages since that one. The clomid didn't give me any cysts but I was a emotional mess. My DH works away on rotating shifts of 2 weeks away and 1 week home. Of course we'd see it for this cycle he flies out on thr day I'd be triggered so we're out of the running for an iui this cycle. I'm wairing to hear back from our fertility clinic now to see if we can play around with some options. I know how frustrated you are. All my friends are announcing their second pregnancy and I some days I want to scream. We took 3 months off after our clomid cycles just because of how upset and stressed I was. We've moved up to fermera since clomid didn't seem to work.

You don't seem infertile at all to me.

In 2 years you conceived 4 times! The only problem i see is keeping them. There are numerous tests you can do to check that. I suppose you have done all these tests. I have never even conceived once in 2 years.

What do you mean Clomid didn't do anything? It wouldn't make you ovulate?

8 years ago

I ovulated on it but only still the one follicle I didn't respond well to it is how it was put to me lol. I also have a issue with my thyroid and my prolactin levels. All of which showed up when we started try to conceive. Nothin showed up in my tests I should be able to hold a pregnancy so since they can't explain why they call it unexplained infertility.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo