Community post

Discussion

Husband gone during fertile window!--HELP

We've been ttc #2 for 5 months. I just found out my husband is traveling the entire time of my next fertile window in early December. here's my question: is there anything I can do to try to get pregnant then? like a DIY IUI or something? or something that can delay ovulation? I know this is kind of a weird question but as many of you know it is so frustrating to know you are out before a month even starts...

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,
The only thing I can think of is doing an IUI cycle with frozen sperm. Your husband would give a sample at the andrology lab that works together with your dr's office. If the count is high enough the lab can divide the sample and freeze in two separate straws. That way you can do two IUIs, back-to-back - which I really recommend when working with frozen sperm. Reason being: frozen sperms' life span is much shorter compared to non frozen samples. Since it may life for only ~6-12 hours you want to do two procedures to be covered for sure. Best wishes.

8 years ago

Hi,
How far away is he leaving from your fertile window? Remember sperm can live for up to five days!!!!
Best wishes

8 years ago

Thanks ladies... he is flying to Europe on a red-eye on a Sunday night and gets back Friday evening. I expect to ovulate on the Thursday so it's just like the worst timing. of course we will bd Sun before he goes and Fri when back but I fear that might not cut it. . . . Given we've been bd every fertile day for months with no luck, seems like we need all the help we can get!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo