Community post

Discussion

Frustrated, worried and blaming myself :-(

Hello ladies!

I am new to posting here but I have been reading and searching on this site since we started ttc #2 in late July. I have to say, I had a very limited view of ttc since our first was a pleasant surprise that we found out about literally a week after saying we would start trying soon. So I honestly thought that if it was so easy the first time that we didn't even have to "try" this would be the same. I think because it did happen so easily the first time I am even more hard on myself now and keep thinking that there must be something wrong with me even know I rationally know that it can take some time even for fertile couples. Btw, I am 29 and DH is 40, DS is 3.

My frustration comes because I have been lucky enough to get 3, yes, 3 false positives since August. The first was a clearly pink line the came up after 30 seconds on one of the new curved handle FRER tests in August, the next month was a Yes+ on a First Response Digital Gold that came up within 1 minute in September and then yesterday a very clear light pink line on a wondfo, this morning I tested again and white as the driven snow negative. So, I'm sick and disgusted with pregnancy tests, worried there is something wrong with me that I won't know about until we have tried for the obligatory year and sad thinking that we might not be able to complete our family in the way we always imagined we would. Any feedback would definitely be appreciated! Good luck to you all this month !

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

There is fed nothing wrong with you! Try not let frustration get the best of you. I have heard of people getting evaporation lines on wandflo that look like clear positives, this does NOT mean you are not pregnant it could still be too early. Testing is best done from 14 days past ovulation, at very least don't rule out a chemical pregnancy until you are officially late.
I'm sorry your other positives didn't stick, it must be hard on you. There are things we can take to help implantation or to help our progesterone levels (they might be a bit out of balance from having your wee one)
I can send you a list or you can look into what is best for yourself?
Try not blame yourself and distress to increase your chances, if you are worried go see a doctor to put your mind at ease.

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply Kerzie! The other two were legitimate false positives, had my blood drawn the next day with both and there was absolutely nothing at all, not even enough for a positive urine test, so I really don't think they were chemicals. I'm trying to hold out hop with this one, I've heard that afternoon and evening urine can be better than fmu for some people and that early on the concentration can vary or take a while to build back up. So, I'm thinking of trying again and hopefully finding a normal FRER without that stupid curve! I would appreciate that list though!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo