Community post

Discussion

Anyone else over a WEEK late with Neg HPT's and symptoms?

Hey ladies. I've been sitting back, trying to relax and let my AF come as she should, but I'm not having any luck. I'm now 10 days late and the only times in my life I've been this late were due to pregnancy.
A small backstory: I had a normal month. I did notice that I had slimy, clear CM for most of my cycle after my last AF on Oct. 11th. I honestly didn't notice that my I was late until I was a day late. I'm normally a 28-29 day gal, with a 3-4 day medium bleed. I didn't have ANY PMS this past month, none. Normally, at least, I have very sore breasts, bloating, cravings and a little nausea sometimes. Like I said, didn't know I was late because I felt great. I'm still experiencing an abundance of creamy CM and slimy clear CM every day, all day.
About 3 days late or so, I started to feel nauseous. Just little waves at night and when I was at work around food. GAG. I still am more nauseous at work. About 5-6 days late, I got so nauseous after eating that I threw up. I tried to have a cig that same night and ran to the toilet! I normally smoke a pack a day but around 2-3 days late didn't feel the urge and eventually chose to quit altogether.
I have tried everything to make my period come, excluding sex, and haven't had any luck, I My current symptoms are as follows:
Nausea
Tender, sometimes aching breasts
Vomiting
Strong sense of smell
Some twinges a few days ago, all day
Fatigue midday
Insomnia and waking much earlier

I went for a blood test today (quant) because when I was pregnant previously with my son, I didn't show positive on an HPT until I was 8 weeks gone. I don't know why my body does this, so if anyone has insight into HCG not showing please respond :) I think it's very interesting, a loophole the AMA hasn't ventured into yet.
I'm looking for any ladies that have had situations like this and some definitive answers in the end. Or just some ladies going through this that want to whine about it with me. Thanks for reading to the bottom, I know it's long but nothing is ever really simple these days.

10 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

I want to be one of the few that updates my situation so you're aware of what it looks like from start to my Lady Time coming. I got the blood HCG quant results and they are.. 0.1 Not Pregnant.
I'll be trying the sex option to see if that brings about my lady time and see what happens. I'll keep this updated so maybe I can help someone else out later on down the road.
Any responses would be great!

8 years ago • Post starter

I always tell ladies, your cycles are regular until they're not. Our bodies are so complex that it makes us even more crazy ttc when things dont follow our usual pattern. At least now you know the beta didn't detect any hcg so you can bow focus on following your cycle back into a new pattern, somewhat.

It all sucks, but each cycle gives new opportunities. I'd consult seeing a doc if you dont get a period in the nxt wks or so. Especially if you've never had a late period otherwise. Best wishes.

8 years ago

Thanks for your kind reply, Karamell. Being someone that doesn't ever have missed periods, and has all the typical PMS symptoms, I'm very concerned about what my body is doing. I've been trying to research different symptoms together to see what I can find and so far, nothing. I'm 11 days late today, no sign of the lady, and still nauseous when waking up. I am quitting cigarettes anyway, no matter what that does to my cycle, I feel like that will be overall a good move. I'm not really TTC, I'm just very in tune with my body. And if my period doesn't show by next month, I'll be going to get a professional opinion.

Umm my fingers and hands are turning blue!? it's slowly spreading up my hands to my forearms... I'm officially freaked out now.

I went to the doc to get checked out since circulation in my hands was scaring me and she didn't seem too concerned after checking me out. I told her the entire situation and she decided to have me come back when my next cycle is due, if I haven't had it yet. So, Dec. 7th, I'll be returning for blood work to test for pregnancy and hormone levels, and possibly, other avenues to see what the issue may be. I'm 12 days late, nauseous daily, slightly tender breasts, cramping, pulling, twinges and have a lot more fatigue than normal. Otherwise, I'm feeling fine and just taking it easy. I would love to hear from you all.

I am in the same boat. 7 days late and three negative hpts. I have not seen a doctor because I figure there is no point quite yet just in case AF comes this weekend. I have never missed a period, though, except when I was pregnant before. I got positive tests early with past pregnancies so I am so confused!

8 years ago

Im sort of in the same biat as you, late with neg hpt. Went for bloodwork yesterday, should know something by Monday. I read a lot of posts in other places where its possible to test neg for both but still be pregnant and shows in blood work later. I am usually very pms symptomatic and I have had nothing to point to a period. I have weird sensations in my breasts, leg cramps, a few bouts of mausea, fatigue, some pelvic cramps, and occasional indigestion. Keep us posted on whats happening with you.

8 years ago

I am also having really bad indigestion, and fatigue. I will be taking another test on Sunday morning so will update then. Keep updating as well! Good luck!

8 years ago

SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT I'M NOT ALONE! I'll be 14 days late tomorrow, and nothing has changed. AND LADIES, yall sound exactly like me! Very nauseous at night, increasingly tender breasts, zero desire for my smoking habit, fatigue midday and staying wet downstairs. Mentally, I feel great though.
Gypsyluk: Are you actually a gypsy? Just curious, as I am definitely. I know there are women on here who definitely agree with you as far as not seeing a doctor yet, 7 days is late but I guess not too too late. I totally want to hear the results of your test on Sunday, please update me. At what point do you plan on seeing a doctor? I feel like getting the blood test at 10 days late wasn't too anal of me, but cutting it close.
TCecchetto: You sound just like me, cramps everywhere haha. Those leg cramps are nuts! I really want to be updated about your blood test results. I feel like this whole not testing positive thing is actually untapped territory, like there's a special trait that creates this situation. I know we're not alone, and it's even happened to me before, and to other women I've known. I really want to know what the missing link is!
I'll definitely update, and hope to hear from more ladies, because I know they're out there!

Today, exactly 2 weeks after AF was due, she showed! In the middle of my work shift. I had VERY bad cramps for a couple hours and passed dark pink and brown blood, along with some grey tissue and a couple clots. Now that they've passed there's no more cramping and light bleeding. My periods are usually painless with a heavy first two days, a medium day three and some spotting for a day. I guess I had a surge of hormones this morning because I woke up at 530AM with the worst nausea, about 3X worse, that I couldn't shake until around 10AM. Started bleeding about 1230PM. I'm really writing the details down for myself, but I hope my situation shed light for other ladies. I don't want to admit that I wasn't pregnant because I know my body. So I just wonder what is going on that I have had this happen more than 3 times in my life. Am I miscarrying? Am I unable to sustain a pregnancy? Is my uterus under siege by cancer? Guess I have some digging to do. I want to hear from you ladies and how your situations go so please update? Thanks for reading XO

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo