Community post

Discussion

Temps and OPKs aren't matching up this cycle

Here is the story of what is going on this cycle and why it's just so frustrating! I was 6w4d pregnant and had a complete natural MC earlier this month. It's been about 2 weeks now and my HPTs are negative again. I started temping again pretty much right away because it gave me some small feeling of control and made me feel the tiniest bit better. So I was able to track my temperatures down and watch them resume their normal pattern.

So normally the 4 days before I ovulate make a nice little U on my chart. They dip especially low and then on the day I ovulate my temp returns to normal pre-ovulation temps. So for example if I'd been getting 97.20- 97.40 as my pre-O range the 4 days before I ovulate would be 96.98- 97.14 and then O would be 97.32 or so. However, I normally get 2 days of positive OPKs starting the day before I ovulate and then it stays positive the day of ovulate. I get a nice temp spike the next day and my temps stay up till AF.

This cycle however I've gotten my normal U with the 4 lower temps, the normal again temp on day 5 of the U so it looks like my normal ovulation pattern. Exactly like my normal ovulation pattern. The only catch is.... I still haven't gotten a positive OPK. I haven't even gotten the OPKs that are "maybe that's positive? I think it may be..." till you see the one later that day/the next day and realize it was close but not there yet. I'm still getting OPKs that are noticeably darker than the super faint lines I get at the start of my cycle but still very clearly not as dark as the control and therefor not positive.

DH was leaving on a business trip this morning and based off OPKs I thought I'd have another 2 days or so till O. He's only going to be gone 2 days/ 1 night so we were just going to BD when he got home. We ended up squeezing in a quicky BD this morning just to be on the safe side since once I'd seen my temp this morning I wasn't sure what to expect.

I've had fertile CM (EWCM and watery) the past 3 days and today (making day 4). All the other signs I normally get are present: increased sex drive, skin breakout, backache and headaches. I'm just so frustrated by these OPKs! I've never had a cycle where I didn't get 2 days of positive OPKs.

I guess I'm in the waiting game now to see if temps spike tomorrow or not. If the pattern continues they will but then I was told to expect some differences in my cycle this time around because of the MC.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

So temps went up and then back down on what is maybe 2DPO. I guess that could be a fallback rise. Or I haven't actually ovulated yet.

CM went from fertile to creamy today so either way this possible fertile window seems to have closed. I either ovulated or my body tried and failed. Hopefully if it failed it will try again in not too long.

Back to waiting!

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
If the opk didn't get dark enough the chances are you didn't ovulate, not surprising considering what your body has been through. I'm so sorry for what you are going through and understand your need to take control. Keep using the opk sticks on the chance your body tries again.
Maybe you should give yourself a break this month to allow body and mind to recover (even though this would be the sensible option I understand the need to keep trying)
I'm sure everything will be back to normal next month. Sending hugs and baby dust your way xx

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo