Community post

Discussion

Should I Test? Gave up POAS nearly a year ago!

Hiya, My DH and I began trying to conceive in April of 2013. I am 33 and he is 38. We were blessed with a surprise son in 2006, and thought that having a second child would be just as easy. Boy were we wrong!

I spent nearly a year tracking every single symptom, every single cycle, testing and testing and testing. I was certain that my Paxil was affecting my ovulation and cycles and hindering my ability to fall pregnant. Eventually I gave up, I stopped tracking, stopped posting here, and fell into a state of hopelessness.

A few months ago I had had enough of having 100+ day cycles off and on and requested that I be taken off of Paxil. A week after I stopped the medication I had a period, 34 days later I had another. I got so excited! I thought this month I will do some light tracking, keep and eye out for O symptoms, and give it a go.

When I began seeing some changes in CM the DH and I got to business, we skipped a few days, but I didn't really expect anything to happen this cycle anyway, I was still more concerned with seeing my cycles return to normal and was looking forward to my next on-time period.

It didn't come....

Instead, I began to have an increase in CM, milky white like a water based lotion or something, not thick but not watery or stretchy either. There was tons of it, for around a week and a half, i was constantly changing my panties because of it.

Then about 4-5 days ago, I began having this weird pinching/stinging sensation in my left groin area and my left ankle..ODD! Yesterday, the pinching pain continued in that area but then also began occurring on my right side near my ovary. It continues today, off and on pretty routinely.

And here I am on cycle day 56...wondering if I should break down and test.

You have to understand, after more than a year of late periods and negative tests, I am burnt out on seeing only one line. I just never want to POAS again unless it's positive, lol. I know that isn't a rational line of thought, because how else would I know?

But what is my body telling me now? I was supposed to see a gyno in September, but my son had to have surgery and was still at home recovering so I cancelled, also it was a male which I wasn't comfortable with....but still.

Confused. Feeling alone, hopeless and hopeful all at the same time.

User Image

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

UPDATE

Today I am having AF type back ache and sharp uterine pains. Good thing i didn't waste my money on a test.

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo