Community post

Discussion

Early pregnancy symptoms different for over 40 moms?

I had a tubal reversal about 5 years ago, since we did not have success concieving early on we just decided to relax and see if things happen. Now I'm 45, my period is 1 week late with absoultly no spotting (I usually have spotting between periods and have up to this month been right on schedule). About a week and a half ago I had some severe cramping, felt like labour pain, even radiated down through my vaginal area into my inner thighs. According to the calculators this coincides with my expected implantation date. The pain lasted for about 30 minutes with some achyness after. Since I've had a lot of clear discharge, swollen labia, now today pressure and fullness in the lower abdominal area. And a very highly increaseed desire for sex (like I could have sex several times a day when before I rarely felt desire, and certianly not like this). So with all this going on and being 4 days late I've decided to test to see if I get a positive. I highly suspect I might but feeling anxious abourt either result. My husband would love to have a child so would be overjoyed at the news of my pregnancy. The symptoms are so much different when I had my 2 children when I was in my early 20's. Anyone have similar symptoms or increased symptoms? I'll keep you posted on how the test goes tomorrow morning. :)

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I'm 42, 8dpo and experiencing nearly identical symptoms. Sorry I'm not much help in answering but I'm anxious to hear your result! Best wishes!!!!

8 years ago

I did a test this morning, using First Response and was negative. Not sure what is going on, still feeling nauseated with a headache and very, very tired today. All seems strange to me. Maybe is peripmenapause symptoms, just never heard of any of the symptoms I'm having as perimenopause symptoms. Still no sign of AF today.

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm TTC and sometimes when I think I have the symptom, it just turns out my mind playing tricks on me.

8 years ago

Hi! I'm 42 and ttc! I thought I was 5dpo, but this site says I'm 8dpo!! I've had symptoms since last Friday!! The most prominent is the way my teeth and gums feel. Today, my boobs are slightly tender (right boob). My moodiness is relevant! Almost took my dudes head off for calling me a Facebook addict!! (I am NOT a Facebook addict!!????????????????????) We have been trying since April. I thought I was then, I'm SURE it was a chemical pregnancy, I even had the metallic taste and all!! He was SOOOOO disappointed!! I can get obsessive....???????????????? But God has ALREADY shown me that we will conceive!!! So I'm just gonna chill... I already have a 20 year old daughter, and so does he!! Good luck to all of us!!!

8 years ago

Hello lady's I had a tubal reversal 12/31/2014 got pregnant March 2015 had mc at only 4 weeks I have since been trying to concieve in dec.2015 I had hot flashes headaches nausea all the pregnancy symptoms I tested came back negative I know I was pregnant I could just tell I was I am in tune with my body jan.2016 came jan.9 -13 AF showed ok I had alot of clots big like my previous mc so I knew for sure I had mc again well Jan 28 I started bleeding again for 3 days only and that's very unusual for me so I know now I did in fact have mc well had blood work done doc said I didn't ovulate jan he said could have had mc and never knew I was pregnant well I said ok I will take my fertility pills this cycle letrozole 2.5 well I am having sharp pains lower back sharp pains also I have a great feeling I may be pregnant I hope I am good luck to all I am 39 years old

8 years ago

Hi! I am currently 17 weeks pregnant TODAY!! I'm also having a GIRL!! So don't give up hope!!! Good luck ladies!!!????????????????

8 years ago

Congrats!!!! So happy for you!! Thank you for the encouragement and sharing your awesome news!!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo