Community post

Discussion

Single Momma at 40

Hi ladies,
I am 40 and TTC my first child on my own. I had my third IUI on Nov 2 and yesterday and today (9 and 10 DPO) I have faint but clear positives. I tested out the trigger so I know they are real.
I guess now that it seems to be happening I am freaking out a little :-). All in a good way of course. I know it's early and a lot can happen but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this beanie sticks!

Just looking for some gals going through the same thing. When should I do a digital? I hear they are not as sensitive. I am fairly new to all of this. :-)

Baby Dust to you All!!!!

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Congratulations! So glad that this IUI worked for you. Don't pay any attention to the drivel you find about conceiving after 40, just keep your spirits up and positive thoughts flowing to that little sticky bean! I'd wait a couple days for a digital, although some people can use them right away, it always took be a couple extra days past my first positive to get one on a digital.
I'm not doing IUI, but trying naturally. I will keep you in my thoughts, and again, and !

8 years ago

Any word on your ? I'm keeping my for you. Keep us posted on the outcome!

8 years ago

Hey!!! First of all thanks so much for responding! :-)

I got my BFP. 12 of them actually, and then blood test confirmation. I think I am still in shock. Very excited but also a little scared. You hope and pray for something to happen and then when it does it's like a big wakeup call. I find myself doing things and all of a sudden I will remember I am pregnant!!! lol It's a great feeling.
I just have to concentrate now on taking really good care of myself and getting some exercise in and staying healthy. :-)

8 years ago • Post starter

Where are you in your cycle? Sending positive vibes and baby dust to you. I hope you get your BFP too!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

OMG! Congratulations!
I am so glad that things worked out this cycle for you. Please keep me posted on how things are progressing, as I live vicariously through others at this point!

AFM - The witch showed up last Thursday, so I am on cycle day 4. AF is almost over, as she usually lasts only 4-5 days. I'm adding B6 and BComplex to all my other things this month, hoping to lengthen my LP by a few days, to give implantation more time. I usually ovulate between Cycle Day 12 and 14. So now it's just a waiting game again until O.

I'm so happy for you!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo