Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 Having fertility treatments

Hi ladies DH and I have been TTC for 22 months now and have been waiting to see fertility dr...recently started having tests and was looking to see if anyone may be in same boat as me

As always to all X X

Scotty

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi Scotty,

Best of luck as you begin tests and possible treatments. It's a difficult journey, emotionally and physically, so I commend you for reaching out! :)

My husband and I have been TTC for 11 months, and have had two pregnancies resulting in two losses. We have had multiple tests and we do have some issues. I just had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in October and had endometriosis and a small uterine septum removed. We are beginning treatments again as soon as I get my period.

Our treatments began after our first loss (naturally conceived), and we chose IUI with "superovulation"- injectable drugs. We conceived on our second try with this, but unfortunately lost that baby. Hopefully things will go differently next time.

If you have any questions about testing/treatments or just want someone to vent to throughout the process, I'm here! :)

Good luck!

Kim

D&C 3/13/15 @ 9 weeks, Turner's Syndrome D&C 9/25/15 @ 7 weeks, normal baby Misoprostol, 1/8/16 @ 7 weeks, Turner's Syndrome AGAIN! Me- 29, PCOS, small septum (removed), stage 3 endometriosis, homozygous MTHFR c677t, ANA + DH- 30, Low-ish count, poor morphology, varicocele TTC #1 since December 2014 January 2015- Natural BFP March 2015- m/c at 9 weeks June 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = cancelled, overstimmed July 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFN August 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFP September 2015- No heartbeat, d&c October 2015- laparoscopy/hysteroscopy- dx = stage 3 endometriosis, small uterine septum, tubes clear November 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = BFP January 2016- Heartbeat gone @ 7 weeks

8 years ago

Hi Kim

Thanks for sharing you TTC journey and I am so sorry for you losses, it's such a shame

I have had initial tests done DH is all good and have just had word of laparoscopy and dye??? Did you have this?? The dr has said I have suspected endimitrosis and have suggested I may be offered 6 chances with IUI with the chance of more after that!! I can only assume this is good lol

I have been prescribed clomid 1 year ago to stimulate ovulation but after 4 failed cycles and a very emotional me the dr gave up and asked that I loss weight before considering treatment so Since April of this year I have lost 37lbs!!!

Thanks again for replying

Scotty x

8 years ago • Post starter

Thanks so much- yes, it's awful and so heartbreaking!

I understand why they are looking to laparoscopy for you- that's my RE's typical first line of treatment after bloodwork, to look for endometriosis or other problems with the uterus. I didn't have the HSG dye test until my laparoscopy- I had a hysteroscopy at the same time, so while he was in there he did an HSG to check the tubes. I did have a sonohysterogram before the surgery, which is similar to the HSG in that it can check the uterus but does not check if the tubes are open.

If you haven't conceived after a few cycles of clomid and your hormones are fine and DH sperm is fine, then you will definitely want to check to see that your tubes are open and if there is anything in your uterus (scarring, septum, etc) preventing implantation. The HSG is a good test for this. If they suspect endometriosis, the laparoscopy is good because endometriosis can cause scarring in the pelvis that can block the tubes. In my opinion, it's definitely worth it to have this done before spending a lot of money on fertility treatments. The lap is a quick procedure and since you're under anesthesia, it doesn't hurt. It took me about two weeks to fully heal (just slight soreness), and it was worth it because my doctor found and removed endometriosis and a small septum!

Like you, I didn't ovulate regularly either! I don't have any excess weight to lose, but I do have PCOS, and I know they say that losing weight can most certainly help with ovulating regularly. Congrats on the weight loss, that's amazing and I'm sure it took lots of discipline!

D&C 3/13/15 @ 9 weeks, Turner's Syndrome D&C 9/25/15 @ 7 weeks, normal baby Misoprostol, 1/8/16 @ 7 weeks, Turner's Syndrome AGAIN! Me- 29, PCOS, small septum (removed), stage 3 endometriosis, homozygous MTHFR c677t, ANA + DH- 30, Low-ish count, poor morphology, varicocele TTC #1 since December 2014 January 2015- Natural BFP March 2015- m/c at 9 weeks June 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = cancelled, overstimmed July 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFN August 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFP September 2015- No heartbeat, d&c October 2015- laparoscopy/hysteroscopy- dx = stage 3 endometriosis, small uterine septum, tubes clear November 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = BFP January 2016- Heartbeat gone @ 7 weeks

8 years ago

I've got Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. We've been TTC for 3 years, conceived once but miscarried. I've had blood work done, multiple internal and external scans, I had a hycosy (scan of tubes using dye) and partner had a test, his came back clear and fine. We've had 2 rounds of Clomid to force me to ovulate. One time worked (when we conceived but lost). I can only have one more lot of Clomid which will be next year. Then god knows what else we can try before IVF. My hospital is terrible (Blackpool), the whole department are rude, insulting and have reduced me to tears on many occasions (and I'm not soft!) I've put in formal complaints they are that bad! Not to mention I have to share a waiting room with pregnant women or women with newborns, that is the most heartbreaking thing in the world. They seriously need to sort it out as I'm at breaking point with everything. If had no support during the miscarriage afterwards. I was sent home to cry my self silly! :( I pray you have better luck than me and have a tons better hospital and treatment xxxxxx

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo