Community post

Discussion

5 days late but still BFN

So me and my partner have been TTC since August. Last month I actually had an early miscarriage and even though it was so early on it was heartbreaking. Seeing those words 'Pregnant' on the screen and then a few days later heavy bleeding and seeing a 'Not Pregnant' is horrible.

I am now 5 days late for my period, cramping, sore breasts and nipples (constantly erect nipples also), nausea, fatigue, headaches the lot lol but all week I have had BFN!!! But I just don't feel right in myself!

Took a Clearblue plus this morning and unless I was imagining it, I saw a very very faint positive but i'm unsure as to whether that is my eyes and brain being evil and playing tricks on me.

I went to the doctors and he basically told me to chill out and stop taking tests... HOW CAN I RESIST?! haha they are just sat in my drawer and I just get weak and end up taking another!

Has anyone else been in my situation and been pregnant but not had a BFP until quite a while later?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi hun just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you went through and fx u get a bfp soon. I have just come off the pill first cycle trying and I had every pregnancy symptom known to man lol. One light period and about 15 bfn later decided to give it up and I weren't pregnant. I did a clear blue test and got an undeniable positive but it was false. Vile horrible clear blue tests.

However with all 3 of my children I didn't find out until I was nearly 6 weeks pregnant. My hcg takes ages to build and them sky rockets to I get a stark bfn one day and a strong positive the next. Don't lose hope until af comes we all symptom spot and poas like crazy lol so I feel your frustration baby dust to you :)

8 years ago

First of all, I wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss. I just went through an early MC myself at 6 weeks and it was absolutely heartbreaking. I understand how hard it is even when it's so early.

Secondly, I just wanted to point out that unfortunately it is fairly common for your body to do some wonky things post MC. I was told that I might want to wait till I had my first real period post MC to start trying for peace of mind. It was explained to me that apparently dating can be very difficult it you don't wait for the first real period because your body, as your hormones settle back to normal, will do a lot of strange things. You may have a lot of fertility signs when you're not actually fertile or ovulating. It apparently isn't uncommon for a woman to not ovulate the first cycle after a loss. An anovulatory cycle is normally a bit longer than your normal cycle length for an ovulatory cycle.

Thirdly and finally: If you think you saw a faint line this morning my best advice is to wait a couple of days and test again. As you probably know, hCG normally takes about 48 to double. If you are pregnant you should be able to get a much more clear answer in a few days.

I hope you get your rainbow baby soon.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Thank you ladies for your kind words. A miscarriage is never nice but I see it as everything happens for s reason and it just wasnt the right time. I do have some good news though - took a pregnancy test this morning and it came back as a BFP on both the digital and non digital. 1 - 2 so fingers crossed its a sticky!! Xxx

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo