Community post

Discussion

Positive then Negative - Help!

I got my BFPs from 10 to 14DPO, which got lighter at 15DPO and since yesterday at 16DPO, it is a negative.

I know this might be a chemical pregnancy but my AF hasn't arrived yet. I have no indications of cramps etc, everything is normal and my breasts are still feeling slightly sore. I did get some cervical discharge today, which is weird.

Whats going on? This is my first time! Anyone with similar experience, please help! Should I see a doctor or just keep waiting out?

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Sorry to hear this hun. Honestly its up to you if you want to wait for af or see the md. I would personally just wait for af to show, and if it didn't within the next 5days or so, then go get your blood checked etc.

Your next period could be much heavier/longer, maybe clotting because of how hcg can change the uterus. Thats been my experience and how my OB/GYN explained it. Best wishes for you. My cp experiences have at least meant progress for me with the fertility issues we've encountered.

Keep on trying! If it happens repeatedly, def make an appt to get things checked out.

8 years ago

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts - means a lot! I've been researching and the more I did, the more question marks I have because there are so many possibilities/changes/unknowns.

Anyway, how long did AF come since ovulation during the period of chemical pregnancy? How long does it take for one to get pregnancy after the initial miscarriage?

8 years ago • Post starter

Those are a lot of variables to consider. Having a chemical doesnt decrease your chances of getting pregnant again, even in the very next cycle. My af came pretty much on time. Yours may be a few days off idk.

Chemical preg's could be attributed to many things, hormonal imbalances, uterine issues, genetic anomalies in the embryo, etc. Look at it as good news, you CAN get pregnant! Press forward and chin up.

8 years ago

Hi dear,

Once again, I just want to say thank you for your encouragement. My AF came today - four days after. This is a good closure and you have been a great help!

8 years ago • Post starter

No problem dear. You're very welcome!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo