Community post

Discussion

Thoughts? Help Appreciated :)

Hello! My husband and I are trying for baby #2!! I normally have a period every 25 days and they last about 3-4 days. My last period was June 7th 2014 and my husband and I BD'd on Fathers Day (June 15th). According to the fertility trackers I'm supposed to ovulate today June 18th but I have no clue whether I am or not. However the calculators also said that Sunday was one of my "fertile days"... but that would mean we did it 3/4 days ahead of ovulation.. Can the sperm even last that long? Does anyone know enough to tell me whether I have a decent shot this month or what I can do for next month? Thanks!

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I would.say get busy again tonight! After O an egg can live for 12-24 hours! There is a chance as sperm can live up to 5 days in the right environment! But its not over, they recomend bd even after 0, but since you dont know if you ovulated yet I would continue trying for the next few days!

Mill

9 years ago

If you're not going to use opks or bbt to track ovulation I recommend tracking your cm. You should be able to pinpoint your most fertile days by your ewcm. For me I get three days of ewcm I usually get a positive opk on the second day and ovulate on the third day of ewcm. All the tracker apps are based on averages and every woman is different. If you haven't noticed any ewcm then I wold jump on it.

User Image

9 years ago

thank ya'll for your input! I'm not sure what ewcm stands for? The 16, 17, 18th I had a very clear mucousy discharge (especially yesterday sorry for the tmi) is that what ewcm means? Is the type of discharge I had normal/good/bad?

9 years ago • Post starter

It stands for eggwhite cervical mucous! This is the cm you will likely see in your fertile stage! They call it that bc it looks like egg whites and will be clear slippery and will stretch! Fertile cm can also be water like! This cm is ideal for swimmers to survive! If you notice this kind of cm you should be fertile all those days and O should be getting close! When you start seeing white lotiony cm or dry up that is a sign that O has occured!

Mill

9 years ago

If you had that clear stretchy cm up until today I would consider yourself fertile still and prolly haven't even Od yet! Ideally starting at about cd 11 or 12 you should bd every other night till cd18, but we know that doesn't always happen!But 2-3 times during that fertile week will give you your highest chances!

Mill

9 years ago

thanks millbarnett! yes sometimes bd just doesn't fit into the plans but hopefully the hubby wont be too tired when he gets in from work tonight! I appreciate your advice!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo