Community post

Discussion

Period Late - Still Negative Test

Hi all!

My husband and I are TTC our first and have been using the Ovia app for tracking periods and ovulation. A week or so after what I think was my ovulation date (based on the app and the appropriate timing after my last period), I had intense cramping that lasted about 2 days. There was no bleeding or spotting, just cramping.

Fast forward to this past weekend (11/6/15). I took a test Friday and it was negative. Then took another test (First Response) this morning and it was also negative.

My period is now 2 days late and I don't feel any cramping or normal period symptoms.

I have to urinate like crazy and have been rather ill feeling the past week and now I am wondering if my periods are screwy or if my tests are false negatives.

Since I've been tracking my periods, I've seen that I almost always have 28-day cycles, but then last time I had a 22-day cycle. If my cycle was following suit with the last one, that would put me at 7 days late for AF. If 28-day cycle, then 2 days late.

Side note: I am usually NEVER late and by now I would normally have cramps and feel icky in general.

Other side note: We went out to eat on Saturday and I ordered salmon, but the taste and smell made me queasy. Days before that, I kept smelling this urine scent everywhere I went and had my husband smell me and other things, but he couldn't smell it. Have also had intense pains in my abdomen throughout the week, so much so that I left work one day.

Any opinions on testing again? Should I wait, call doctor, or is this normal?

10 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

I would say that possibly your cycles are just wonky, and to wait it out at least another week to see if af shows. Then see the doc. If you're truly impatient like the rest of us, lol, just get some Internet cheapie strips online and that way you can test at will without breaking bank. Another option is to go get your blood drawn in another few days. Then you'll know for sure.
I would definitely invest in ovulation strips from online as well. They're very much more reliable than an app in alerting you to O time than an app. Especially being that you have the propensity of irregular cycles. You can also consider temping if it's feasible for you. A hormone panel, and a semen analysis for dh wouldnt hurt either. Good luck!

8 years ago

Thank you!

I will wait a few more days and see what happens. I did get a basal thermometer, but I haven't been using it enough.

Yesterday, I bought cheapy tests at the dollar store (lol), so maybe I will just keep up with testing every few days and then see a doc if AF still doesn't show!

8 years ago • Post starter

Little update: still no AF today! So, 3 days late, no cramps, no bleeding or spotting.

I am going to take another HPT tomorrow morning, so wish me luck!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

You could very well be pregnant. I did not get a BFP until I was 6 days late for my period. Even at 6 days late I hate not even the faintest line. So don't give up hope just yet!! I am now showing strong positives and my digital is saying 1 - 2 and my period was due 8 days ago so maybe test in a few days. Good luck!!! Xx

8 years ago

Sorry my last post was confusing! 6 days late I had a positive but at 5 days late I didn't have even the faintest line!! Maybe I have baby brain already haha

8 years ago

Hi Letodd,

I am having almost identical symptoms..it's almost amazing how similar our stories are. Did you ever find out if you were pregnant? I am so impatient trying to wait for the 7 days late mark..my doctor sad after 7 days if I am still late and no AF the. She will run blood work to see what's going on. I'm dying to know how things turned out for you!

Xo

8 years ago

Did anyone find out if you are pregnant? Same thing I'd happening to me. Had a couple faint positives last week but now negatives with a different brand. I am a week and a half late from my period.

8 years ago

So were you pregnant?

8 years ago

I am having similar symptoms.. i am 4 days late on AF.. ive been testing these past days and i get BFN.. what was your result? are you pregnant?

User Image

8 years ago

Hi everyone..I'm ttc 2..bfn last cycle..now I'm left with 6 days wait to do the test again..very anxious nervous everything I can feel.going crazy..having cramps aching pelvic full breasts.. ovulated and we tried immediately..hoping not to lose faith again..everyone around me is getting pregnant..I kinda feel lousy..or I'm not so lucky..I dunno.. best of luck every one!!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo