Community post

Discussion

Possible Gestational Sac on Ultrasound but Negative PT- Help

Hi,

I got an ultrasound when I was 10 days delayed and still got a negative PT. I really felt soo tired, want to sleep every time, got chills even though my temp is normal. I have PMS-like cramps and metallic taste on my mouth. So on one of my test I felt I saw a faint line so I thought why not go to the OB. So I got there and the OB did a transvaginal U/S to see if I really am pregnant. At first she said she saw no sign, but when she looked further, she said there is a possible gestational sac so she wants me to come after 2 weeks to be sure and she gave me folic acid. Is this a sure sign of pregnancy? Or has anyone experienced this? I'm kind of worried because I read on the internet of others that said they had cysts or blighted ovum. Really worried, but I'm praying this is really a baby instead of the negative possibility. Just wanted to share here and hear if anyone has experienced this. Thanks.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm not sure why your OB didn't just do a blood pregnancy test. That would for sure say if it is pregnancy or something else. a sac wouldn't form until hgc levels were at 2000 so a blood test would definitely show positive if it is a viable pregnancy. I would call and ask for a blood draw.

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I will try to ask for a blood test when I get back to her this June 28. Hopefully all is well by then.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo