Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Oh wow, time really got away from me more than I thought! CD5 already.

I hope everything goes as hoped for you. Be sure to let me know :) Have you done puregon injections before? What does it do?

I went for the progesterone test this am so hopefully it comes back in the normal range for 8 DPO. I've never had it tested before, so we shall see!

9 years ago

Progesterone level was 190 which indicates ovulation and release of more than one egg. Sounds good.

Now if I could just get this lining thicker and a bean to stick!

9 years ago

H green I hope this is finally your month! Do you feel any different this month? I really started feeling pregnant at about 7 days past ovulation. My first sign was extra cm which I never had before during that time. Keep us updated! I know it will happen for both of you soon. I'm almost 9 weeks now. It's going by quickly. I have my first appt with a midwife next week. I have 6 more weeks till we find out what we are having. I can't wait!

9 years ago

Hi MammaD! Nice to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well. Be sure to check back and let us know if it a boy or a girl! Any guesses thus far?

Thanks for your optimism, but I'm pretty sure this is not my month. My lining was very thin again (6mm) so not good for implantation and I've just started spotting today so I'm sure AF will be here in 6-7 days as usual. Also, blood tests today did not show any hcg. I've been keeping very busy with home renos and trying very hard not to track anything or symptom spot.

9 years ago

hello Mamma D good to hear from you again. Wow time went by so quickly! 9 weeks already and now im eager to know what u'll be having :D Keep us updated !

Hgreen ive been on puregon for a 3 cycles i guess ... its a hormone solution that comes in a capsule that u insert in a pen-like tube and you can use it for days controlling the dosage your dr prescribes for you. Its similar to the FSH hormone in our body and its purpose is to stimulate egg production in the ovaries and usually you end up producing more than one useful egg when you tend to do IUI or IVF. How are your home renovations going? I hope u'll be done with them soon before you're "prego" .

I have a positive feeling for my current cycle although its still premature to tell given im in the follicle phase of my cycle. but wat the heck still hoping for the best is a remedy itself :D

9 years ago • Post starter

I know you ladies might be busy but i felt i had to share this day with you whenever you read this. I had my IUI done today the dr found a sloght difficulty getting through my cervics he said it was far and closed. His conclusion was due to the fact that i wasnt pregnant or given birth before. Although the first time i had iui the dr didnt find difficulty getting through.
All in all it was success and waiting for blood tests next wednesday !!!

How are you doing?

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad everything went well (besides the difficulty getting through the cervix). Hopefully this wasn't too painful for you? One egg or multiple? Do you know the size? And the lining thickness? Fingers crossed for you!!!

AFM, 15DPO and was expecting my period this AM, but nothing yet. I'm almost 100% certain my O day is right based on the ultrasounds and blood work, but you just never know. I'm trying not to give it much thought and if it doesn't show tomorrow I will take a test Sat AM.

I bought a bunch of supplements to try next cycle to thicken my lining. I plan to start taking them as soon as AF shows. Also back on the 5mgs of Femara CD3-7.

9 years ago

Hgreen i believe you usually expect it on 14DPO when AF shows up right? I hope its a good sign that it hasnt yet, any PMS?
What are the supplements that you got to increase the thickness? Two days ago my uterine thickness was 7.5mm which fell from 8mm in the U/S test before it. but its still in the reasonable range. I dont remember how many eggs exactly but i remember two from the right side and one on the left i guess. I forgot to ask about their size but i guess they were mature otherwise they wouldn't have scheduled an IUI for me.

I usually get AF on 14DPO in the evening or at 15DPO with FMU but still nothing this and now 16DPO. Im on the fence as to whether or not I should stop in for a blood test on my way in to work this morning. Im supposed to go at 14DPO regardless because Im supposed to have a pregnancy test before starting the Femars again. I kind of feel like AF could show at any moment, although I did a cervix check and no sign of blood. I think Im going to try to put it out of my head as much as possible today and then if still nothing tomorrow I will test.

Any post IUI side effects?

The supplements I researched were L-arginine, vitamin B complex and Dong Quai.

9 years ago

I did end up stopping in at the clinic on my way in to work and just got the call with my results, BFN yet again. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given my thin lining.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo