Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hmmm very strange indeed! Well I hope they can give you some answers. Apparently those meds are very hard on your digestive system, so if you don't have to take them, I wouldn't!

I'm 15DPO today & expecting AF at any time now, but no symptoms thus far & no more spotting since 9DPO.... Normally I start AF at FMU, but apparently my body just loves playing tricks on me lately.

9 years ago

Had my first ultrasound today and got to see baby! It was so cool to see the little flutter of the heart beat. I feel so relieved to know that everything is looking good so far. They want my to come back next Thurs for another ultrasound and then I'll be released to a regular obgyn. How are you ladies doing? Where are you in your cycle? Anyone close to o?

9 years ago

Hi there ladies :D
Sounds good MammaD! Motherhood feelings are kicking in arent they ;) ? I hope you can send us a U/S image if you can! Theres nothing more wonderful than seeing a life growing inside of us.

Its been a week since i last checked in here. I went to see my physician and she prescribed me pills that slow down my follicle producing process. she said i ovulate too soon for them to move with the treatment especially since ill be doing IUI and IVF. I got two IUI cycles to commit to and this time im determined keep going without breaks. As for the metformin she prescribed before i didnt have to take it yet and thats a relief. so waiting for my next cycle (hopefully there wont be next cycle).

Hgreen any news? maybe baby dust?!

9 years ago • Post starter

So i just found out my brother in law is expecting his first baby and this month will be their first wedding anniversary. I am happy for them but deep down inside i felt sad and jealous (i didnt expect to feel this way) imagined id be happy for them. But i truely am sad. 3years its going to be for us ttc with no luck.
I guess it is wat it is.

Hey! Sorry I've been MIA, we moved on Wednesday of last week and are pretty much gutting the main floor of the house and doing a lot of the reno ourselves so that's been keeping me very busy.

How early have you been ovulating in the past? I hope these new pills work for you! Where are you at in your cycle now?

I'm on CD12 today and I went into for my first appointment for this monitored cycle. I should have got in earlier, but with the renos I was so busy I thought CD12 would be plenty early (since last cycle on the Femara I O'd on CD15) but looks like O is right around the corner. I had 2 follicles, 1 on each side measuring 27mm and 23mm. The 27mm is too big and so I'm back to one good egg, but hey that's still something. Also, my lining is too thin again (6mm) so they won't do the IUI. She said the do see women who implant successfully at 6mm, it's just not very common. I really feel in my gut that it's implantation that's the problem. I'm waiting for my blood work to come back (around 1pm) to see if I'm surging on my own or if I have to go back in for the Ovidrel shot.

Also, I booked an appointment to see my Dr. on Sept 4th to talk about the next steps, likely move on to injectibles according to the Dr. I saw today.

9 years ago

Moving to a new place and getting a fresh start must be good Hgreen. Maybe you being busy with the renos and all keeps ur mind off the TTC stress and after ur renovation is complete there'll be a good sense of satisfaction :).
Im on CD21 i havent monitored my ovulation this cycle cuz its usually around days 10-13. Ill start medication from day one of my cycle to postpone O'd and hopefully the uterine lining will be suitable for IUI. I wonder what helps thicken the uterine lining for successful implantation? I believe the Ovidrel shot we take should help cuz its a supplement of progesterone from what i read and what my nurse tells me. If it drops then there wont be successful implantation/pregnancy. But i've been taking it for months and no luck so far.

The Dr. told me yesterday that the lining is developed in the first part of the cycle which is controlled by estrogen, so estrogen supplements pre O is the best way to thicken it up. Whatever your lining is at the time of ovulation remains constant and does not increase between O and implantation. Apparently when you take estrogen you almost always need he Ovidrel to trigger O since the estrogen messes with your natural release.

She also explained that progesterone controls the length of your luteal phase and makes sure AF doesn't come too early, giving you enough time for implantation to successfully occur, but that if the lining isn't thick enough, no amt of progesterone will help. I've never had my progesterone levels post O tested before, so I'm going to go in on CD19 to have that tested (7 days post O).

I also read online that there are a couple supplements that have lead to increased lining thickness. They are 6g of L-Arginine & 600mgs of Vitamin E per day. Also Dong Quai helps blood flood to the cervix area. I'm going to try them next cycle since it will still be another month before my appointment to discuss the switch to injectables. Maybe it'll work!

9 years ago

Interesting!
Thanks for this helpful information, you have explained it in an easy and simplified way. Im going to google it further. And this Don Quai is new to me im going to read about it.
Thank you !! :D

Hey! Just thought I'd check in and see how you're doing. I think you must be getting close to testing time.

I'm 7DPO and just trying not to track too closely or anything. I'm going in tomorrow to have my progesterone levels checked, but hopefully they will be all good.

9 years ago

Hahaha im on CD5 and just took a blood and U/S test. thank Goodness no cysts this month and found 3 tiny premature follicles. I had to take estrofin to slow down my ovulation so they can keep track of it for IUI and observe my uterine lining. tonight i should start puregon injections for 4 days and see where it goes from there.

Being positive!!

hopefully ur progesterone levels are good this time :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo