Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA. The very day I found out I was pregnant I got a call that my 24 u r old brother had overdosed. I knew at that moment that God had given my family a baby because he was going to take my brother. My brother had been struggling to overcome a heroin addiction for the last year and we thought he was doing better. I rushed to his side that night but the next day they told us he was brain dead and would never wake up. It was the best day and worst day of my life. I wanted to tell my family that I was pregnant but I couldnt. My other brother just looked at me and knew though. We have a really strong connection. I can never keep anything from him. I still have not made it to the Dr. I stayed and helped my parents with all the arrangements and just got home yesterday. I'm supposed to be going out of town for work on mon and Tues so it will probably be weds before I get to go. I feel pretty good. Just tired, sore bbs, that's about it no morning sickness yet. I've taken a few more tests to make sure the line got darker. I'm just hoping and praying I have a healthy pregnancy. My family really needs this babu now. Please pray for us

9 years ago

Oh Mamma D I am so sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I will certainly keep you and your entire family in my thoughts & prayers. God sure does work in mysterious ways.

I'm relieved to hear that you are feeling okay and that early symptoms haven't got you too bad.

omy.oj- any luck getting your meds & treatments started with your clinic?

AFM, 12DPO and just waiting on AF to show in a couple of days. Been spotting since about 7DPO so it's just waiting now to try again next cycle.

9 years ago

Thanks Hgreen, I ended up not going out of town today. I came down with a nasty cold over the weekend and decided it would be a good idea to finally get in to check my HCG and Progesterone. I just got the results and everything looks good. My progesterone was off the charts. They said it read 40 but was prob higher and my HCG level was 4,000 something. Dr. said that is right where it should be for 5 weeks. I have an u/s scheduled for next Thurs. I should be able to hear the heartbeat then! I think I will go ahead and break the news to my parents. They could really use something positive right now.

9 years ago

Sorry you're not feeling well, but that's great everything checked out with the baby. I'm sure your parents will appreciate hearing the news and having something positive to think about in a midst of the darkness.

9 years ago

Oh MammaD Im so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what you and your family went through. may his soul RIP. Im glad God sent you a blessing to look forward to and keep all your spirits up. Amazing how the universe works. I hope you feel better and get to share the baby's heartbeat with your family :)

Hgreen I didnt go on Monday I wasnt feeling well that day but i called them this morning and waiting for them to get back to me. Im kinda not feeling it this month like im out already and somehow scared the IVF might not work. Im gona wait and see and hopefully look for signs of optimism.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your support. I'm sorry to hear this was not your lucky month also. I know your time will come too. God has a plan and he will give you a baby when the timing is right. I didn't want to believe that was the case. I think we want to feel like we have some control and if we do the right things then it will happen but that is just not the way it works. One thing that helped me was I always tried to give myself something to look forward to like a trip, or a concert, anything really to take my mind off of the ttc madness. Now that we got the confirmation from the Dr. we have told a few of our very best friends. They knew we had been trying for a long time and they were so excited to hear our good news. My best friend wept on the phone with me. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I think it will really feel real then. Waiting till next Thurs is going to be agony.

9 years ago

Any word back amy.oj? If you're feeling off, maybe it's best to take a break again this cycle? Give it a try when you're feeling more positive? Although a lot can change in a couple days!

MammaD- the waiting just never ends, does it? After your scan I'm sure there will be some other big milestone next to wait for/stress about. eeks!

My spotting was weird this cycle. Had it from 7-9DPO and then it's stopped since, which is not my usual pattern. Generally it continues & gets darker and more frequent until AF starts. Yesterday I even had lots of creamy white CM so I was feeling a bit hopeful that just MAYBE there was a chance, so I took an HPT this AM and BFN. Poop!

9 years ago

Dont you hate those party poopers! They show up with hesitation and you think it could mean something and then boom its AF. did you contact your clinic Hgreen?

Alot can change in two days indeed. I did a blood test and u/s this morning. Got a cyst in my right ovary and a small follicle in my left. the technician says its too soon to tell their status until a couple days later.

Ill start my meds today . and i realized my dr prescribed a kind of med used for people with type two diabetes and polycystic ovaries symptoms. its called metformin. im waiting for her call once the test results r out to ask her about these meds. I was also told that they want me to do 3 more IUI cycles before moving forward with IVF.

Yes I went to my clinic yesterday and got my new Femara prescription for the 5mgs so I will start that this wknd.

Amy.oj- I actually read up quite a bit on metformin a few months back. My regular doctor thought I might of had PCOS just going off my irregular periods and hundreds of tiny cysts on both ovaries. So I did quite a bit of reading on PCOS between the time my Dr told me that and the time my fertility doctor told me I don't have PCOS. Apparently I have polycystic ovaries, but sine my insulin levels/absorption is good I don't have the syndrome and he doesn't think the cysts are affecting my fertility. He told me bigger cysts are follicles that develop to produce an egg but then the egg is not viable or gets too big and they are perfectly normal to occur from time to time.

Metformin is for insulin resistance, have you had your insulin tested both fasting and after drinking that sugary juice? Seems odd to me to prescribe it without confirming that you are insulin resistant. But then again I'm sure your doctor knows much better than me!!! I hope your doctor has some good news for you with your test results very soon!

9 years ago

Well I havent done any tests regarding insulin and my periods are always regular and on time. Im confused why she prescribed it. She called again and said I have two large cysts one in each ovary but she did not say I should take Metformin. I wonder if this indicates I should take the meds. So I called back this morning and left her a message with the nurse so she can get back to me.

Good luck this cycle. I hope things wont be stressful :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo