Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Im cycle day 18 and not monitoring anything this time. what a relief...
I never thought to ask my doctors what size the follicle should be... it didnt occur to me the size mattered and im surprised they didnt mention it ! lol ridiculous.

How did your follicle scan go this time Hgreen? what size should they be by the way?

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm 8dpo today at least im halfway lol nothing out of the ordinary to report. hgreen I hope you get more than 1 good follicle this month so you can do the iui.

9 years ago

So I went in yesterday (CD12) and follicles on the right were 18mm and 10mm so the second follie stopped growing. Darn! Was back in again today and they are now 21mm and still 10mm. So we won't move forwards with the IUI this cycle.

Two different nurses tried to take my blood and for some reason it just wouldn't flow so they could not get a blood sample. Unfortunately now they won't be able to test my LH level to detect O, but I'll test on a OPK after work. They asked for me to go in again tomorrow morning to try for a blood test & another ultrasound.

Typically your follicles grow 1-2mm per day, but the closer to O you get, the faster they grow (more like 3 mm per day). For a viable egg to be produced follicles should be between 18-24, I think they said 20mm+ is ideal.

Also, my lining was 6mm yesterday and 7mm today. I'm really hoping it continues to thicken and is 8mm tomorrow. Again this should be a minimum of 7-8mm, but 9-10 is ideal. Mine has always been on the thinner side, but not thin enough to treat. I've been wondering if progesterone supplements or baby aspirin might help.

MammaD- crossing my fingers this will be your cycle!!!

9 years ago

Well at least it sounds like you have 1 good follicle and your lining looks good so you never know! This week is going by so slow for me. AF is due on Sunday. So far I feel really good. I had some weird cramping yesterday but nothing today. Usually I am having PMS symptoms this week but the only thing I have are sore bbs and I have noticed increased cm this week which is really weird for me. So idk, of coarse I really want to test but I know it's prob too early so I will try and wait till at least Friday. My friend keeps wanting to know when I'm going to order my bridesmaid dress for her wedding that is in Nov. I am scared that as soon as I order I will find out im preggers and will need a bigger size by the time Nov gets here lol! She is insisting I order this week so I told her I would order on Fri hoping that by then I will know if I got a bfp. Of coarse if I do get a bfp I won't have a clue what size to order. oh well I will try and take one day at a time.

9 years ago

Sounds like some promising symptoms, I really hope this is your cycle!!! Waiting until Friday is a wise choice.

Yesterday my follicle was 23mm, but lining was back down to 6mm so they said they don't advise an iui, the lining is probably too thin for implantation. We weren't going to do the iui anyways since there was only the one follicle, but I still hoped we had a shot naturally. I started taking baby aspirin daily so maybe this will help with my blood flow & lining issue.

My blood work showed the start of my surge yesterday morning, but I still haven't gotten a positive on a OPK. It was pretty close last night, but lighter this am. Don't think I've ovulated yet either as cervix is still very high and my nipples haven't got tender yet as they normally do shortly after O. DH works out of town Mon-Fri, but is coming home tonight for a concert so hopefully we still have time to catch the egg!

I'm in a similar boat as you MammaD, I'm in a wedding party in Dec and she has asked me to order my dress already. All the other girls already placed their order, but I called the shop and they said it takes 6-8wks max for the dress so I spoke the bride, explained the circumstances (she knows we've been TTC) and promised I'd order it 12 weeks in advance minimum. At least the dress she picked is fairly maternity friendly, empire waist and pretty flowy so if I was only 4 months pregnant it shouldn't be a problem. That's going off my gf who is the same size & body shape as me not really showing at all until 21-22 weeks.

9 years ago

so I took a test this morning because I just couldn't wait another day. I took a frer and at first I didn't see anything and I thought it was negative. I left the bathroom and came back after about 15-20 minutes and look again and there are 2 lines! The second line is faint but it is there. This has never happened to me and I have taken alot of pregnancy tests. I am shaking! I am so afraid that it is a false positive. I was thinking of not telling DH just because it is so early but I couldn't wait. We can't help but feeling excited. I have really felt different this cycle. I was so tired yesterday I couldn't hold my eyes open at like 1 in the afternoon. LOL I told DH I am going to go buy like 10 more tests today. I will try a digital tommorow and see. I posted a pic. Its #290582. let me know what you think. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

9 years ago

Amazing! Congratulations MammaD, I certainly see a faint second line!!! This is great news, I hope Amy & I are not far behind.

Certainly test again tomorrow with another First response early predictor, but personally I'd avoid a digital until at least 14DPO as they aren't nearly as sensitive and might give you a false negative at this point & you just don't need that stress. I guess its looking like you'll need a size or two up in that bridesmaid dress. Yay!!!

9 years ago

Might have to get myself a fertility frog! hee hee

9 years ago

Thanks Hgreen! I'm going to get some more tests and see what happens. Thanks for the advice about the digital. I will avoid those for now. I'll prob wait till tonight to test again but it's going to take alot of will power to wait that long lol

9 years ago

so I picked up some more frer's at lunch and of coarse I couldn't wait until tonight LOL It was killing me not knowing whether the test this morning was a fluke. I got the same faint line within the 3-5 minute time frame! I went ahead and called my Dr. and asked if I could come in tomorrow morning to do a blood test. They said I could so I should have results from that by tomorrow afternoon. You are right about needing a bigger size in that dress. I just hate that I'm going to have to tell her my news before anyone else. hopefully she will let me hold off on ordering until closer. I will totally send you my fertility frog as long as you send him back to me when you get your BFP. I might really have something here LOL

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo