Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 456 Replies | Last Page

I haven't tried Femara on it's own yet and I'm not really sure how my body will react to it which is why my original plan was to try it alone for a month or two to see when I ovulate and how many follicles mature and such. The Dr. is starting me off at 2.5mgs but said we may need to increase to 5mgs if we don't get multiple follies. I start the meds tomorrow (CD3-7) & start cycle monitoring next Fri (CD10) so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens and make the decision on the fly. If there are 2-3 follies maturing then I think we should go for the IUI right away. If not, then we wait on the IUI and increase the dosage next cycle. I spoke to hubby last night about this and he's on board. He is excited to start our family as well, but he doesn't want to put extra pressure on me so he said he's leaving the decision completely up to me.

9 years ago

Hgreen- I'm sorry to hear AF showed up for you too. Hopefully the IUI will be the answer! I say go for it! There isn't much going on with me. I'm on day 14, I haven't gotten a + opk yet but usually I don't until about day 15 or 16. Unfortunatly DH had to go out of town for work today. He gets back tomorrow night so I'm hoping o will hold off a few more days. I hate not being monitored. I'm really ready to move on to the IUI. I am ready to just get through this cycle.

9 years ago

Hey! how's your OPK looking today? It sounds like it will be perfect timing for DH to come home! I'm really enjoying being monitored because on one hand so you can tell if its a good egg and how the lining looks, but on the other hand it almost makes it harder when pregnancy doesn't occur because you're left wondering WHY?!?!

9 years ago

Finally got my + opk today and dh got home last night. :) have yall heard about the benefits of eating pineapple after ovulation to help with implantation? Apparently it has an enzyme that helps with that. I'm going to try it this month. You can only eat it the day after o for 5 days. It has to be fresh pineapple and you have to eat a few pieces with the core everyday for the 5 days. Who dosent love pineapple? It certainly can't hurt. LOL

9 years ago

LOL yes ive tried that one before, didn't help me but it certainly couldn't hurt to try & I love pineapple!

9 years ago

Hi girls ! Pineapple !? yummmm thanks for the tip lool
I feel so easy and light this time. im not monitoring my cycle and definitely taking time off is doing me well.
It seems that i am ovulating starting two days ago from obvious cervical releases.

MammaD i hope the pineapple gets the credit for positive tests this month! Hgreen how are you doing lately?

9 years ago • Post starter

1 dpo here and I have a feeling this is going to be a long 2 ww. Lets hope the pineapple does the trick this month. My mother in law sent me a fertility frog for our 3 year anniversary last month also. You are supposed to put it on your nightstand and the native american who makes them says he is 38 out of 40 for pregnancys. Oh man the things we try. I feel like I have tried just about all of them and i'm quickly running out of things to try. Thats good that you are taking a break amy.oj. If I didn't take a break from ttc from time to time I would go insane. When are you thinking you will do ivf ame.oj? It is so frustrating knowing that month after month you are doing everything right but still no BFP. have the Dr.'s been able to give either of you any ideas about what the problem might be? Mine certainly have not. The only thing she has said is that I need to gain weight but she hasn't said why or how my weight affects fertility. I know plenty of underweight or overweight people that had no problem getting pregnant. It's gotta be something else...

9 years ago

Well, we decided to take it easy until we feel physically and mentally ready to go for IVF. Yes it does get frustrating from time to time knowing you do everything right and yet no results not even a +ve result for a short time to give you hope that it started working.
Yes my Dr.s said we are categorized under "unexplained infertility" that is we are both physically and biologically fit for pregnancy. we both did all the tests required at the clinic from blood tests to ultrasounds (colored and standard) to sperm sample tests. all was fine.
And this somehow frustrates me cuz you cant spot where things went wrong.

There was a period where i was just underweight and everyone kept telling me it was the problem. so i gained and im just perfectly healthy and still nothing. c'mon my friends is tiny and skinny and got pregnant three years in a row! how crazy does that sound! let alone the poor Ethiopians go through hell to find food and shelter and they keep getting pregnant.

My hubby keeps reminding me everything happens for a reason and maybe its for the best until God/Universe says its time. :)

9 years ago • Post starter

We are the same over here, unexplained infertility. Undergone every test and everything was normal-great. The dr. even said he was super surprised we were having difficulty. I finished my Femara yesterday and go in Friday morning to check in on the follies. I'm hoping to see good results, but also not overly optimistic since it's just the first cycle trying the meds and we may not have the dosage right. In terms of weight, I feel like as long as you are ovulating and menstruating regularly that shouldn't have an impact. I went through a time period where I was too thin (a few years back now) and menses stopped all together, but now I am in the healthy range for BMI.

9 years ago

CD10 today and just had my first scan for this cycle. Today they saw a 10mm and 14mm follicle on the right side and nothing over 10mm on the left. I go back on CD12 to see where I'm at. The Dr. said it's debatable if the 10mm follicle will continue to grow or just give up. I'm really hoping it keeps going and I can get two good eggs this cycle. If not, we'll increase the Femara dosage to 5mg next cycle.

This is my third monitored cycle and so far every time it's been follicles on the right side. She said we will continue to watch this as it may be perfectly normal, or may be an indicator that the left side is sluggish.

How are you ladies making out?

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo