Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies, my appointment with my RE went alright. The first thing he mentioned was his concern about my FSH and said I should do the AMH test before leaving today and was very pleased when I said id already done it two weeks ago. He said that number along with ovulation on cycle day 3 the previous cycle are both red flags for him. He said basically we should wait to get results back from the AMH test before doing the injections again since we dont have drug coverage. If the results show things are okay we'll move forward with the puregon and IUI again for a second try. If the results do in fact show decreased egg quality, he wants to jump straight to IVF as soon as possible. At least now we have a game plan.

I also talked to him about the pre menstrual spotting I have every cycle. I told him about this at my very first appointment back in march and he dismissed it. But Its been worrying me so I brought it up again and in greater detail. Since it always happens around the time implantation should be taking place i would think it might been ruining our shot. He agreed and said he wants to try the progesterone supplements post o next cycle to see if it stops the spotting and keeps the lining from deteriorating.

So next cycle im back on low dose Femara, timed intercourse and progesterone post O and hopefully ill hear back with good news regarding my AMH.

9 years ago

Hgreen: hope your AMH comes back fine. It is good that you have a plan be in case it is not good. But hopefully the solution is as simple and getting progesterone supplements and you get a BFP on this coming cycle. I have a question. Does the RE always discuss with you the blood results? Or did you have to ask them to get answers? Do you get an appointment after each failed cycle, or when do they let you know what they think could of gone wrong? I didn't get too much info this cycle. I guess no time. When I did the ultrasound where they figured it was a cyst I didn't ask too much since they explained sometimes with clomid it can delay the process for follicles to appear. And when they gave me the negative blood results all they said and just because I asked was that I was to go back for US on CD8 this cycle instead of cD10.

9 years ago

Hi girls: I came out a bit dissapointed from the US. Only one follicle so far 10 mm. Don't know if I will get any more follicles at this point, I am CD8. If on my US appointment on Monday there is still one I don't think I will do IUI this cycle. I will see if they can increase clomid amount for next cycle, since the whole purpose was to try to increase follicle numbers to increase chances.
How are you doing?

9 years ago

I totally get where you're coming from. Maybe just wait and see how everything looks in a couple of days before making a decision. Even if its just the one follcile, If everything else looks really good in terms of estrogen level, follicle size, lining you might decide its still worth a shot?

Regarding your last question, no its not normal to have a follow up appointment with ur RE after every cycle. I had my first follow up after 4 failed cycles on Femara where we didnt get to try the IUI because of multiple factors. Thats when we made the plan to try Puregon. He told me to try one cycle on the shots and then to come back for a follow up. They will probably want to try a couple cycles on the clomid before switching things up if its "working" for you. I would encourage you to ask lots of questions at your cycle monitoring appointments. For example I would ask about increasing ur dosage for next cycle to get multiple follicles as planned. I always look at the computer screen and take note of my FSH, follcile sizes, lining, etc.

Are you back in 2 days? Fingers crossed that little follicle will be 13-15mm by then!

AFM, i was back in this AM for another beta hcg test. He said 11PIUI was too early to totally rule out pregnancy so we wanted me to test again today before starting the Femara on CD3.

9 years ago

Fingeres crossed that it was just too early and it comes back possitive.
He said he was happy with the linning and that the follicle should be around 14 mm on Monday. So see how it goes. I will for sure discuss with him about increasing clomid dosage since I am taking only 25 mg right now and might not be enough. See how I feel on Monday. It is just that I rather save my monery for when I have more chances (follicles) since with my son's autism I already have a lot of expenses.
Let us know how the beta results come back.

9 years ago

Hi Hgreen what happened with your blood test?

I Just came back from the US. Still only 1 follicle and didn't grow too much, it went from 10mm to 11mm. Talked to the doctor and he said if the estrogen levels come back higher that means more follicles might be coming so we shouldn't give up. But if they do come back the normal amount I am just going to BD this month and increase the clomid to 50mg next cycle to try to get more follies.

9 years ago

Hey, sorry I didn't check in again, I had a crazy busy weekend and today I started a new job where I have reduced Internet access, darn! Anyways, the blood work was negative and Sure enough I got my period last night, so here we go again!

This cycle Im trying the 2.5mgs of Femara again and scheduled for my first scan on CD8.

Sorry your follicle didn't grow much, but you're right this way theres still a chance you might get multiples! Crossing fingers for you! Back in 2 days?

9 years ago

Hi Hgreen: sorry to hear it came back negative :(. Hope you are getting ready for this cycle.
AFM: I didn't get a call back from the clinic so I am assuming the estrogen levels came back normal for only 1 folli. So I will just relax this cycle, probably just temp til I O. And start next cycle with a higher dose of clomid. Hopefully I have better luck. I just hope O doesn't take forever. It is so weird how last cycle my follie grew up so fast and this time everything is moving so slow. Last cycle at this point I was doing my IUI. So weird....

9 years ago

Hey Ladies ! it feels odd to be distant for so long. Im so sorry Hgreen and Ma_espe this just wasnt your cycle ... I feel with you. A female body is just unpredictable and our mental health with our life style easily reflects on our biological situation. (sigh)
Hgreen I hope you're liking your new work place! Good luck!

AFM taking this time off and going to the gym is making a difference. Today im 15 dpo and probably expecting AF tonight.

9 years ago • Post starter

Amy: glad to hear from you. It's great the you are going to the gym! My diet is going great, I am losing a few pounds, but I need to start exercising too. Just stress is killing me, between issues trying to concieve and my son's autism I am up like an owl every single night and exhausted during the day... Do you think you have a tiny chance yet? Or AF is coming for sure?

AFM... I still have a tiny chance bc I have a follie and ovulation hasn't been an issue with me. So we will still BD and hope for the best. I am on CD12.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo