Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hgreen87: don't stress out. Game isn't over til AF shows.
Amy_oj: hope your cold is getting better. I got one last cycle.
Babymama: hope AF doesn't show. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM... I started clomid today. Hope this cycle I can see at least 2 follicles :). Feeling very possitive.

9 years ago

Hi girls how is everyone doing? I am doing good. Yesterday a bit psycho I guess hormones starting to work with the clomid. Feeling much better today. I made some fresh cranberries coated with dark chocolate and some granola bars today. They are supposed to be good for fertility, but even if they don't work at least it is keeping me busy for a while.

9 years ago

Hi Ladies!!!
Hgreen and Babymama any good news !?!
Ma_espe how are you feeling today? Those cranberries and chocolate mix sounds yummy! gonna try it at home :D

AFM: I went to see my doctor to discuss the next stages for IVF and she basically transferred me to the fertility unit in a hospital because they dont do IVF in clinics. So I requested to be transferred to a hospital which is close to my work place and they happen to be really good in IVF. The thing is the appointment assigned isnt until 9th November to show-up there to open a file to transfer all my previous tests that i did at the clinic and then another appointment to meet a gyno which will not be set before I actually open a file. So all in all I suppose no IVF before December!
Its probably for the best I can take my time focusing on my physical and mental health!

My curiosity will have me buy new Ovulation kit just incase LOL

9 years ago • Post starter

Amy, thats too bad it's going to take another whole cycle to get this process moving again. It's like all we ever do is wait! Hopefully though you'll get great news for Christmas!!

I took an HPT yesterday (9DPO) and BFN. I am telling myself 9 DPO is the average day for implantation but i think i know in my heart this IUI was a fail.

Something that has been bothering me is my FSH level from CD3, it was a 12. I read for my age (27) it should be below a 7 and that a level that high shows significantly diminished egg reserve. This also lines up with having so many unmatured eggs on CD3. The nurse did point out it was high, but I thought that was a good sign. Now i read that its actually bad because the body basically sends out more weak eggs. I paid to have the anti-mullerian hormone testing done on CD8 which should hopefully give us a more accurate result of my total egg reserve but results take 4-6 weeks.

Anyways Im in to see my RE tomorrow so hopefully ill be able to ask him about all this and see what my FSH levels were in previous cycles as This was the first cycle I took note of it.

9 years ago

Amy: sorry to hear IVF proccess is going to take a bit of time, but like you said, it is a good opotunity to get yourself back in mental and physical shape. Hopefully you'll get a Christmas BFP! Try the cranberries and dark chocolate, if they don't get you pregnant at least will make you happy. I am also trying pumpkin seeds, honey, green tea, and cinammon, fresh raspberries, and a lot of salads. So if I don't get pregnant at least I will have a rocking body for Christmas lol.

Hgreen87: Sorry to hear about your FSH levels. But don't stress to much about it, I stressed for months bc my FSH and LH levels were not matching at all at the beginning of my cycle. Read that it could mean either PCOS or premature menopause (that really stressed me since I am 29). But not a single doctor thought it was a big deal. I have a cousin that is a gyn and I really trust him, and not even him thought it was a problem. They saw may progesterone leves being very good at CD21. I think they see the hormones as a whole and not by themselves to be able to make a diagnose. So hopefully the gives you the answers you are looking for and that it is an easy fix. And hopefully the test you did is a false negative.
AFM... I am in a way better mood. I have appointment on Saturday morning. Hoping to see more than one follicle :). Have a great day everyone.

9 years ago

Aww Hgreen dont worry so much about it besides I think what Ma_espe just said sounded somewhat spirit lifting even for me :D ... everything has a cure and hopefully it was a false negative !

Ma_espe keep that spirit up girl !! Also last night i was google-ing all the foods that prepare your body for ovulation and be healthy. it was all repeatedly emphasizing raw almonds and seeds, all you can have of fresh fruits and veggies, salmon fish for the omega 3, red meat and other iron containing foods for folic acid, eggs, chicken breasts etc. then it got me thinking im almost doing all this since forever ! but gotto increase my fruit intake and raw seeds/nuts more regularly.

good luck girls !!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for your messages, I'm trying not to dwell on the FSH numbers, but it does have me puzzled so it's just something I want to discuss with my RE today. I think I'll have to wait for the AMH results to get a clear answer either way.

I had my betas taken this AM and should get results around 1pm. My appointment with my RE is at 3:30pm so I'll definitely know by then if this cycle worked out. I felt totally normal yesterday and the day before and today I feel completely hung over (but of course didn't have any drinks). My tummy is unsettled, I'm exhausted and feel in a fog. Fingers crossed those are good signs for a BFP and not the start of an illness.

9 years ago

Amy: Hi, sounds like your diet is pretty good, and you've been doing a good job. I suck, I hate healthy food... rather eat junk food. But looking back when I got pregnant with my son I was in a very healthy diet and excercising. and about 16 lb less. Not that I am overweight now, I am at the high end of what my weight should be, but when I was preparing to get pregnant I was on the low end of what my weight should be. So curious if that has any effect. So far I am doing great sticking to the diet.

Hgreen: Hope you get great news today!!! I wish you the best. Let us know please.

9 years ago

Unfortunately my blood work showed negative, so I guess I'll be having wine tonight!!!

9 years ago

Hgreen: so sorry to hear that. Hope you get some answers with the doctor today.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo