Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 456 Replies | Last Page

I took only 25mg cause I ovulate on my own too, but maybe it wasn't enough cause I only had 1 follicle. We bd a day before IUI cause I didn't know the IUI was going to be done so soon. An also the day after the IUI to try to increase chances. I am not taking progesterone pills. My levels are good, so no need. The only extra thing I am doing is the pineapple core. Are you taking the pills?

9 years ago

I think both you ladies had great timing and high chances for this cycle!

In terms of follicle growth, my Dr told me 1-2mm/day is ideal during the stimulation period. When they grow too fast they can compromise the viability of the egg. That's why they just increased my dosage slightly and will probably increase again slightly, rather than just jacking it way up. I think it'll all work out.

9 years ago

Hgreen87: glad to hear things are advancing ok, even though a bit slow. But patience will bring good quality eggs. And also I don't know if injections have side effects like clomid, but if that iis the case, a little bit at a time might be better. Do you think you will be ready for IUI at the end of this week? Or not til next week?

9 years ago

Good morning :) I just got in from my appointment (CD10) and the follicle on the left has grown to 13mm so I am responding well to this dosage. My lining is 6mm so still a little bit thin but hopefully it will thicken up over the next couple of days. If growth keeps on pace we should be good to trigger on Sunday and IUI on Monday. I'm back to the clinic on Saturday.

Any changes for you ladies?

9 years ago

Hgreen87: that is great news, so happey for you! Hope everything goes according to plan. Not very many changes yet. But like I said bf that's a gd sign for me since my pregnancy signs and symptoms didn't appear til after I was pregnant. At least that's what I remember... hope I would of kept better track of them, but who would of known I would of been in this position 4 years later.

9 years ago

hello ladies!! Its feels like a long time since i last checked in ...
I've been skimming through your responses and figured we are still waiting for baby dust.
Im taking a break now and on CD8. Ill probably monitor my ovulation via ovulation kit but otherwise not concerned about heading to the clinic these days :D ... to be honest deep down inside im glad im taking a break and seems like i might extend it to another cycle because somehow im scared of going to the last step which is IVF and if this doesnt work then I used off all my options and wont be able to have kids. I dont know im sure im over thinking this.

Good luck on ur cycle Hgreen !! i hope you end up with BFP! when is ur blood test? Ma_espe and babymama I wish you the same!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Good to hear from you amy! Im glad this time off is treating you well. I can understand where you're coming from with feeling like IVF is the last option for a natural pregnancy. Have you thought about how many rounds you would be willing/able to try? It sounds like the second or third round isnt nearly as bad as the first round if they can retrieve enough eggs. Its such a huge decision!

I had my follow up appointment today and my one follicle was mature with an 8mm lining. I was soooo happy to see that 8mm. I know it's not "great" but its the best Ive ever had and the nurse said it could even thicken another mm tonight. My blood work showed an estrogen surge so no need for the trigger and I go in tomorrow at 9:30am for the IUI. I am on cloud 9 right now that we've FINALLY made it to the point where we can even try the IUI.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving !

9 years ago

Hgreen87: So happy to hear, hope IUI went fine today and that it is very successful.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!

9 years ago

This is wonderful news Hgreen !! i hope it continues to thicken all by itself and IUI is successful !

AFM: well i think i am able to do 2 IVF rounds. My friend knows a girl around my age who recently had IVF first time and shes is now pregnant! it gave me a boost i gotta admit :D

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving !!! Yummy turkeyyyyy

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving Day!!!
I am 12 DPIUI. I have been feeling since Thursday very full on my stomach around where my belly button is and very weird sensations. I am crossing my fingers it is a good sign. I am doing blood test on Wednesday, but won't know the results til Thursday. How is everyone else feeling?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo