Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Aw too bad! Taking a month off is a great choice I must say. Do you have any coverage for IVF? Have they given you any indication of the costs?

9 years ago

Hi Hgreen87, thanks for inviting me to join this group. I will give you a bit more of my background. I have a son already (3 yr) and getting pregnant with him was really easy and fast (1rst month it worked). I have been trying for #2 for 2 years and just started going to a fertility clinic on Sept of this year. We did our first cycle monitoring and the results were unexplained infertility... not really what I was looking for. But at least they told me they rather hear unexplained as opposed to something wrong and that we have better chances. They give me the option of doing clomid and bd, but they said clomid + IUI have better chances. We also discuss injectables + IUI but that is going to be plan B. They started me at a low dose of clomid, only 25 mg. My period started very weird this cycle. 2 days of spotting before actual full flow. But I didn't start counting til full flow. I took clomid CD3-7. I didn't get many side effects other than a headache the first day. I was scheduled for an US yesterday CD10, they also did blood work. Was a bit dissapointed to hear that I had a cyst, but no follicles yet. But the dr told me it was normal to produce them later than normal when in clomid. They called me a few hours later saying they had my blood work back and estrogen was really high, and what they thought it was a cyst it was a follicle and asked me to go back to get a trigger shot (which I did). They scheduled us for IUI today at 10 AM. I had it done, very fast and painless procedure. I have been bleeding a little bit, but they say it is normal. Other than that not too many side effects or symptoms. By the way I am29 and my DH 46

9 years ago

Welcome to this group ma espe! I hope your IUI cycle shows positive this cycle :D Its true when they say better be categorized under unexplained infertility than have something wrong. you just dont want to go through with the long term treatments of the problem before going through another procedure of conception right?

AFM: well Hgreen, my appointment with my doctor will clarify everything related to the IVF procedure and insurance. but from what i was told before, it is covered in my insurance under the condition of having atleast 3 IUI procedures and then an official request by my doctor for an approval from the ministry of health. otherwise if i want to handle the costs, it might cost around $1000 maybe a bit more (not sure of the amount, I must double check). but i believe $1000 is nothing after a year of treatments and how badly i want this to work.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi amy.oj. Yes I rather skip procedures that don't give me too much hope and the %of success rates are very low. We don't have insurance so we are paying for everything. I hope you can get it all covered and that you can get pregnant soon! Are you in the States? I am in Canada and the price x IVF is $3500. So I hope I don't need to get to that point. Just for this first cycle we already spent $750. Wish we have inssurance :(

9 years ago

Hey! Thanks for joining us ma_espe.

I am also in Canada (Ontario) and while the IUI itself is covered it's still going to cost us about $900 per IUI ($450 in Puregon, $100 for the hcg trigger, $350 for the sperm wash). I know the IVF itself is $3,500 at my clinic, but I think it's another $2K or so on top of that for the meds, the wash, the freezing, etc. Like you, we have been picky about which cycles to move forward with, which is why it's been 6 months so far we've been trying to do the IUI. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed and praying that we will get our chance this cycle.

Today is CD3 for me and so I was in for my first monitoring appointment for this cycle. The good news is the large cyst from last cycle is gone :) The Dr. prescribed me Puregon injections (FSH) of 33UI. He said we are starting at a very low dose because I responded quickly to the hyperstimulation when taking Femara. He explained it can be increased or decreased as needed as we monitor. So he had me book appointments for CD6 and CD8 so far.

9 years ago

OMG soo expensive and all those hidden costs they sometimes leave out. Glad to hear your cyst is gone. And hoping this cycle works good for you. Please keep me updates since that is our plan B. I think I ovulated today bc I have very bad pains in my right side for about 2 hours today. So hopefully the IUI works. I am a bit worried since the goal of doing clomid was to get 2 ovuls this cycle too have a better chance. But I think I only got one :(. But hopefully a very strong one that draws a lot of sperms too it and maybe one can make it. Where in Canada are u? I am in Ontario.

9 years ago

I'm in Burlington, Ontario (40 mins west of Toronto), what about you?

I will be sure to keep you both updated with my cycle, you as well! Did your Dr encourage you to continue with timed intercourse today and tomorrow as well?

9 years ago

I am not in Burlington, but that's where I go to my app. To One Fertility. He did recommended last night if we could. So we did and also this morning. And a bit after I got up I started with my pain. So hopefully the timing was good. I will keep you updated for sure. I probably won't update about many symptoms cause I get a lot of PMD that are very close to pregnancy ones. But I had a few ones that were a bit different when pregnant with my son, if I get those ones I will post them for sure.

9 years ago

I go to One Fertility as well and my Dr is Dr Hughes! That's so funny, what a small world.

Sounds like your timing is perfect!

9 years ago

That is awesome, what a small world. Not too sure who my dr is, so far I have seen 4. Two women and 2 men. So far the male older one is the one that has done the most. He is the one that did my IUI. But not too sure of their names (I suck at names). We were both there yesterday... we might have crossed each other without even knowing. Is your dr a male or female?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo