Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Fingers crossed for this cycle Hgreen. I hope your lining thickens enough for you to proceed with IUI. I was told today by the doctor my lining is 7.5mm but taking clomid might make it a little thinner meaning they might not do the insemination. So i hope that i ovulate on my own without clomid. Will know on Monday.

Oh yes! The stress of ttc,since i started which was August 2013-each month afriend or two have announced their pregnancy and some ddidn't even plan it as they claim. Some have given birth and some about to. Makes me sad i have to go through all this.

I also read forums and success stories-there was a time i would be always on the CP gallery looking at test. Lol.. I guess its like that at thr beginning and one calms down afterwards. Good you are staying focus,keep it up-i am yet to get to that stage.

How long is your cycle usually and how long have you been ttc? You tried clomid before?

User Image

9 years ago

Hi ladies! Happy to have you here Babymama1 to share your story with us :)
I hope you will find it motivational and helpful to give you positive step forward to babydust !
Hgrrrn im on cd21 9dpo and today i experienced really painful cramps and backaches i felt i was pms-ing and yesterday i felt those cramps along with dizzyness. I dont know how to analyse this but yaaaay one more week left and hopefully mamarosa doesnt show up for the next 9months!! LOL
This is my second iui and if it doesnt work my doc suggested a protocol of total 3 iui's then ivf would be our last solution.

This whole uterus thickness is stressful by itself however i found many fertility workouts that help increase blood flow and stronger core for healthier uterus enviroment for successful fertilisation.

Babymama1 are you going with iui? Is it ur first?

9 years ago • Post starter

Awww.....thanks Amy and i wish those signs will lead you to a BFP. I have never been pregnant so not too experienced in spotting sypmtoms.
Was this IUI medicated and when do you plan on testing?

I will sure look up on workouts that could help the thickness of the lining. Yes we are set to do our first IUI,excited but a little nervous Amy. Tomorrow i will find out whether i will need clomid or not and knowing it could make my lining thinner scares me. I really hope my eggs mature enough by tomorrow. Its been a year ttc and i hope all goes through well.

User Image

9 years ago

Babymama1 Im sure all will be fine. Ill be married for three years by sept 15 and not once did we use contraceptives and we never got BFP. By december it will be once year for my fertility treatments for unexplained fertility and no BFP yet ... But um still optimistic now that im in my second iui and know there is still ivf to go for there is hope :). And yes this iui is medicated i take ovulation stimulants and progesterone shots (ovitrel).

Waiting for next sunday for pregnancy test hopefully no Af till then.
I want to assure u theres nothing to be nervouse about iui follow with ur medications be healthy and do ur tests and hopefuly all goes well from the first iui.

Good luck everyone!

Ladies i realized something unusual ... for the first time acne fills up my whole face !! i don't know if this is caused from the shots I took (which hasn't happened to me before) or if its an indication of something else.

Has anyone experienced anything close to this?

Fngers crossed Amy, i hope this month is your month. I haven't experienced it before but hope its a good sign for you. You feeling any different?

So i had my scan for CD13 and it my eggs haven't matured enough and its too late for clomid. So no ovulation for me this month equals no IUI. I am so bumped out . i hope next month wil be better. I really don't thinkni will be ovulating late . So here is to next month .

All the best Amy

User Image

9 years ago

Aww thank you Babymama1. I hope you get better chances next cycle. Maybe they will give you some shots or pills that will help stimulate egg maturation this time. I got used to giving myself those shots its lbecome like a routine thing to me LOL.

I don't feel anything else that's unusual. but cramping comes and goes and i keep running to the bathroom to check if my period showed up. Im still on CD24 and still have 4 days to find out :(

I hope MammaD can tell me if this was happening to her before finding out about her pregnancy. MammaD any feedback?

Oh Amy I hope this is your month! I am trying to remember if I had a break out before finding out and I do remember that I did! I thought it was from using sunscreen haha. I took a test at 11 dpo and had a very faint positive. I was super bloated and having cramps on and off. I had lots of extra cm which is what made me think this time was different.

9 years ago

Babymamma1- My cycles before Femara were anywhere from 26-39 days. I was ovulating on my own with a decent size follicle it was just irregular. I was originally prescribed clomid but at the last moment the Dr changed his mind and prescribed Femara. His reason being my lining (which was 7mm that cycle) was already borderline and clomid generally thins it out where as the Femara does not. Femara also has a lot less side effects AND my benefits cover the prescription where as they do not cover clomid. Have you discussed maybe trying Femara with your Dr? And are they going to continue to monitor you this cycle past day 13 or is that it? How long are your cycles generally?

Amy.oj- how are you're fertility workouts going? I'm going to have to google them and start some myself. The new acne breakout sounds very promising. My best friend got acne breakouts across her chest before she found out she was pregnant. She'd never had that before. Just a few more days before testing, I'm really hoping this is your cycle!!!

AFM, had my CD10 scan today and it shows one 11mm follicle on the left and a 25mm cyst on the right. My lining is measuring in at 7mm which could be good. Hopefully it continues to thicken as I wait for O. I'm back in on CD12 for another check-up. Hopefully that little 11mm continues to grow, grow, grow!!

9 years ago

I have a strange update. The Dr. office just called me and said my progesterone levels in my blood work came back high, indicating that I already ovulated. The "cysts" they thought they saw at my CD8 scan was actually an empty follicle post ovulation. So my follicle was likely a good size for O and my lining was a 7 which is decent. The main concern I have is that we didn't have much intercourse leading up to this as I didn't expect O so soon. We had intercourse Sat morning so hopefully I O'd on Sat, but only time will tell. I'm also thinking that CD7 for ovulation is way too soon, and the maturity of the egg probably wasn't great even if it did reach a decent size. We'll evidently I'm out again for IUI this cycle. I have a Dr. appoint with my RE on Thursday so we'll discuss where to go from here. Maybe try a couple cycles back at the 2.5mgs of Femara since that made me O on CD15. We'll on a good note I'm already at least 3DPO so that shortens the TWW slightly!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo