Community post

Discussion

This is weird...what do you think?

Okay so I went to the doc on October 28th thinking I was pregnant. They ran blood tests and the works. The urine test results said I was not pregnant. I started my period the next day (of course) and it was very light and lasted 3 days. I got the results back November 3rd and the doctor said I had a yeast infection (YUCK!) but not only that BUT I was ovulating on the 28th...2 days before my period started! How does that make any sense whatsoever? So now I'm wondering if I was able to get pregnant with ovulation being 2 days before period. Is it possible I could be pregnant after that weird period?? What do y'all think? Any advice/answers/help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

If your "period" was considerably lighter and shorter than what is normal for you it may not have been an actual period. It's possible you just had some breakthrough bleeding.

The other possibility is, of course, that your hormones were just doing something odd. You can have an LH surge and not actually ovulate. I'm assuming the ovulation was detected by the LH levels in your blood from the blood work. If that is the case it's possible there was just an LH surge without ovulation. I've seen several stories of women getting positive OPKs more than once within a cycle. Temping confirmed they didn't ovulate after the first positive OPK but went on to ovulate a week or two later or whatever.

It does sound like whatever happened was a little unusual. The only way to be sure is just to wait it out and see if you get a BFP or a period in the future.

Wishing you all the best! :)

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo