Community post

Discussion

Not TTC but am I?

So, my husband and I have decided that one child was going to be it for us. He has a son who is 13, and we have our daughter who is 4. It took us EIGHT YEARS so make our princess!
Pregnancy was awesome but delivery was traumatic for me. So many things that I would change if I had a do over. (This is a story for another day)
Anyways, I am new here. I started tracking my period with an app a few months back. My husband and I use the Pull Out method.
I'm new to the site and really just looking for a place to feel and express whats going through my mind....

Last month we had sex on ovulation day. I didn't realize until the next day when I was getting paranoid and decided to check the app.
So, of course, the anxiety kicks in.. and ever since a few days after, I have been having one pregnancy feeling or symptom.
I feel pregnant.
I am 13 days past ovulation. I have been cramping on and off for over a week. I get waves of queasiness through out the day but they seem to fade quickly.
Now, with thinking about this for the last week.. I am starting to wonder if I actually want another baby. I would feel selfish in the life situation we have been in lately.. so even consider it. But I can't help but being hopeful :(
I'm 30 years old. My husband of 10 years is 38. He says no more because he thinks he is getting too old to keep making babies.
Sorry to ramble, just needing to get it all out somewhere. >.<
I took a test yesterday and it was neg but after a couple hours had a really clear red line. So again.... I am feeding my paranoia and craving. >.< And can't get the idea off my mind.

11 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi StitchinC,

Thanks for sharing your story. Which pregnancy test did you use? Some are more sensitive than others. If you used a sensitive test and it was negative, then you're probably not pregnant. But, you mentioned you saw a line later on, so it's hard to say for sure. When is your period due to arrive? Are you planning on testing again tomorrow?

I'm very interested in hearing about your experience delivering. As someone who hopes to be in labor at some time in my life (hopefully soon!), I'd love to hear any advice you have to share. The more information I have, the less nervous I feel about a situation.

Best of luck to you. I hope it works out for the best. Please keep us updated.

8 years ago

Welcome aboard Stitchinc!

First, neither of you are too old...you're in your 30's!
Second, I think you 'secretly' want another child. There isn't anything wrong with that. But, I would definitely express yourself to the Hubby. Besides, you guys have an 8 year difference. Some women don't start ttc until they're 30.
The most dependable pregnancy symptom is simply "feeling pregnant." Given that you weren't ttc, and obsessing over every symptom like most of us are, I think you may be pregnant! I'd say give it a few more days then test. Do you check your cervix?

8 years ago

Thanks Ladies!
I did tell my husband about it all and told him I feel like even if I am not.. that my body is telling me to have another one and letting me know it's ready. >.<
He said Good if I am and Good if I'm not. lol We may talk more about it all once I start (if I do ;) )
I took the purple and white kind from dollar general. I took another one this morning and the same thing happened. I'm wondering if they have evaps every time.
I used to POAS constantly during the 8 years we tried.. and I never noticed them before. :O Maybe they make them cheaper than before?
It was the same brand that caught my pregnancy before.. and it was very obvious.

With my labor, I had a horrible doctor who had crued jokes constantly. I didn't trust my own body.. instead I listened to the doctors and nurses which I really think resulted in my horrible tear that went every direction possible.
I also wish I wouldn't have allowed them to put me on pitocin bc I didn't NEED it. I was letting them rush things which resulted in my daughters heart rate dropping and scaring the bejesus out of me. And also caused some side effects the week after delivery. And... of course it also made the contractions a million times harder to handle.
I also got an epidural that didnt take..... thinking the pain would stop was really a major disappointment. And now I wonder how much of it could have effected my daughter... and for nothing but a sore spine for the next 2 years. :/
The doctor also forced me to have a mirror above where I could watch everything ripping.. while refusing to cut me. I begged him to move the mirror.
Luckily, he lost his license.
I keep feeling like I am going to start my period but that was a major thing when I actually had a BFP in the past. I am due to start tomorrow though... lmbo. So I guess we will see :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh gosh! That doesn't sound pleasant at all! Well, I certainly hope your next delivery (if there is one) goes much smoother.

I've noticed that the dollar store tests do develop a grey line about 12 hours after taking the test. I think it's an evap. Was your line grey or did it have color to it?

Please keep us updated; I'm interested in knowing how this turns out.

8 years ago

It has some color to it. I did rinse it off after reading things online.. but I am probably just making myself go bonkers with wonder for no reason.
If I can wait two days to test again I will, if not I will tomorrow unless I start by then. I normally start in the early hours so it's likely.

@stitchink Sorry for the horrible delivery story! Especially with it being your first. Keep us all updated, hopefully for you tomorrow.

8 years ago

Stitchinc- Any updates?

8 years ago

Well, I keep feeling like I am starting. More so than I did. It feels like I already have... >.< I'm sure that chances are it's just anxiety and stress delaying my period.
I did wake up at 5 am thinking I started.. but nothing, so of course I took the last test I had. I watched it for about 30 sec and nothing. Woke up 2 hours later and there is another evaporation line. Which chances are, it's exactly that, an evaporation line. I keep seeing them on these cheap tests and after looking at others on this website it looks to be common.
I think my husband is secretly excited about thinking I am.. lol Maybe this whole experience will open the doors for discussing the idea of actually TTC again.

Sorry to hear about the evap. But on the brighter side, DH may get excited about ttc. They say your chances are better when you're in the moment, and not thinking about conceiving. Just have fun with it. Easier said than done, I know. BUT, you're still in the running!

8 years ago

That is so true too. After trying for so many years... I gave up. Literally... I thought I couldn't have kids. And that's when we got pregnant.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo