Community post

Discussion

BREAK OPEN UR DIGITAL HPT & SEE REAL RESULT! ????

FRER showed very light second line on 13 dpo & the digital test that came with it said "NO" - BUT when I read an Amazon review that suggested OPENING the digital test - BAM! Two lines!

I just wanted to share this new knowledge I found with any of you ladies that have used a digital hpt and not known that if you break into that thing like Macgyver - you WILL see the REAL RESULT! Digital Readout screens that don't match up to the good old "watch the window", (non-digital) hpt's can be misleading if you are very early in your pregnancy and levels are too low.

?? Break open your digital hpt if it says "NO" or "NOT PREGNANT" and let me know what you find! Baby Dust to all! ?? ????????????

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP!!!!!

8 years ago

I have also read that all digital tests show two lines when you take them apart. That's how they work. Best to wait for after your AF is due. Also consistently high temps for 18 days usually means you are pregnant. FRER show the results on very low hCG and I think are the best. Picked up the last of my ectopic with levels of 6. Digital tests need hCG of above 25 at least, which is why they suggest waiting till your AF is due before you test with one. Congratulations! xx

User image

8 years ago

Yeah i just wanted to add congrats if you've gotten your bfp.

Also, breaking open a digital test is a terrible idea because they have 2 or 3 lines regardless of the results. The laser inside measures whether it detects the correct hcg with the concentration needed. I just don't want your experience to be giving women false hope. Im sure as you know, can be heartbreaking. Best wishes.

8 years ago

I don't want to be a kill joy but this op hasn't got her facts straight.
The test will give a second line if opened,
Please don't listen to people giving advice that is not accurate as it's heartbreaking to think you are pregnant when are not.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo