Community post

Discussion

Can anyone recommend an RE in NYC?

Hi all,

Sorry if this happens to be listed elsewhere, I tried searching the site. My insurance covers IUI (only) and I would love to give it a try in NYC. We've been TTC 11 months and I am 41, DH is 43. He has low motility and very low morphology, and supposedly I am just old ;) My FSH is 6.2 and I ovulate regularly with regular cycles. We use OPK strips and a clearblue fertility monitor. My DH has a little trouble "trying" at exactly the right time of month. I don't blame him...

I think IUI would be good for us. However, I went to RMA, which was supposed to be one of the best places in NYC, and had a bad experience. On my first visit (day 7) the did a quick sonogram and recommended I trigger on day 8 and do IUI on day 9. I have NEVER ovulated before day 11!! I said no, and sure thing, I ovulated on day 12.

Does anyone have an RE to recommend in New York City? We can't afford IVF and so I don't want anyone pushy. I would prefer to do natural IUI without a trigger. I think this should be an option as I seem to be functioning OK. I just want to take some of the pressure off hubby and hopefully get some of the good stuff closer to the egg!

THANK YOU!

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I don't have personal experience with this clinic, but I have used their methods with success. http://www.fertilitycare.org/giannacenter

All the best!

8 years ago

Thank you, I<3kids. It looks like their approach to monitoring might be juts what we need!

8 years ago • Post starter

I found it very well balanced between science and a more holistic approach. I also loved that it was individualized care, none of this 'it works for most, so it will work for you' mentality.

8 years ago

I<3kids, that sounds like a dream. Do you know if they do natural cycle IUI at all? I couldn't find anything about IUI on their site. Thanks again!

It depends on the dr. I know that when they wanted a sample from my husband the procedure was very different than any other dr we had ever seen. I would recommend calling and talking to them. I LOVE that they aren't just concerned about getting pregnant but having everything in a woman's body (and mens too) healthy and optimal.

8 years ago

Thank you. I will do so!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo