Community post

Discussion

Anyone have a short lp and get bfp? If so how many dpo?

Hi there,
I'm new to this site but I'm in the 12 cycle of ttc. I've just realized over the past few cycles I've have an lp of 9-11 days and now 2 days late for af and getting negativesome I'm am now 12dpo. . Felt like I was out for this cycle...but do you think I'm still for a chance??

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Just wondering but how do you know that you're 12DPO? Are you temping to confirm ovulation?

The reason I ask is because it isn't at all uncommon for women to have a cycle where they either ovulate later than normal resulting in a longer cycle or have an anovulatory cycle which results in a longer cycle than normal. For example: my last cycle I ovulated on CD15 but the cycle before I didn't ovulate till CD36. I was so sure at CD30 that my period was late when I actually hadn't even ovulated yet. I didn't start temping till CD31 or so when my BBT finally arrived in the mail.

The standard advice I've seen from ladies TTC that they receive from their doctor is if you don't have a BFP or a period by CD60 you should contact your doctor. Anything before that is considered a normal variation.

ETA: Also to answer your question about LP and BFP: I have a LP of 12 days which isn't short clinically speaking but is a bit shorter than the 14 "normal" length. I got a BFP last month at 10DPO. Unfortunately I ended up having a miscarriage at 6+4 so I'm back TTC. :(

Wishing you all the best and hopefully you get your BFP soon.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo