Community post

Discussion

Advice needed, much appreciated!

Hey ladies,

So I'm having a strange cycle and hoping any of you out there could give me some advice or perhaps insight if you've experienced something similar.

My LMP was 4/21/14 and I think I ovulated around 5/7, but I can't be sure about that. I was using an OPK, however, since it was my first time using it, I have no idea if I was correct on assuming it was positive. My average cycle length is technically 36 days due to my period being off in April as well. However, prior to this I have always been a strict 30 day cycle.

So here I am, cycle day 47 and no AF in sight. I haven't had much in the way of symptoms, other than mild cramping/twinges in my abdomen and my breasts as of now are mildly sore...but nothing unbearable. I went to the walk-in clinic yesterday and had them do a test thinking maybe they have more sensitive tests than the HPT, but it came up negative. I made an gyn appt, but they can't see me until 6/19 and while I'm trying not to stress, I can't help but wonder what is going on with my body! The nurse at the clinic told me it may be too soon to detect because their tests only measure 20 mIU/ml.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I don't have much advice, but I'm in the same boat. My LMP was 4/26/14 and I usually start my cycle around the same day every month. My cycles are typically 30-35 days, so I'm 1-2 weeks late. 7 weeks since my LMP and all my HPTs keep coming up negative. I've got some preg symptoms but I've been spotting brown/pink CM since the 29th. Otherwise no signs of AF.

So you aren't alone with your frustrations! I really hope you figure out what's going on and and I hope you get your BFP!

User image

9 years ago

Hi cocoabean!
Thanks for your response, it definitely helps to know someone is in the same boat I am! I think the spotting for you sounds really promising, it's just those BFNs that throw you off! However, I have heard of quite a few women that kept getting negative HPTs and went to the doctor only to find out they were actually preggers. Are you planning to see your doctor anytime soon?

Everyday I wake up hoping for some type of sign either way...either AF come and get it over with or some symptoms that say, "hey girl, you might be pregnant."

Well, good luck and I'm really hoping for a BFP for you! Please keep me updated!

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi lifeslyrics!

I can't get in to see a doctor until the end of the month. However, the spotting has stopped and I've noticed a definite increase in creamy cm. So I definitely think I'm pregnant, it's just getting a positive test that's proving to be tricky, haha. I have a friend who has 3 kids and she said with every one of them she didn't get a positive hpt until after 7 weeks. I think you and I are having the same difficulty. Since I'm now past 7 weeks I want to test again soon.

How about you? Any sign since your post? You're 8 weeks past your LMP now, I hope you've gotten some good news!

User image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo