Community post

Discussion

Pcos... Whatta cow

Hi all

Been TTC our first child for 4 years now.. Charting for the last 2. I've given up on taking tests and driving myself crazy with "am I/aren't i?"

After a lot of nagging my GP I've finally got an appointment to look forward to. Sept 16th with the infertility clinic.

It's heartbreaking to see all those close to you baking buns in their little ovens and no matter how hard you find it being happy for them. The emotional turmoil that comes with TTC is unreal!

Our problems mainly stem from me being a pcos victim and if that wasn't bad enough my OH has a low sperm count and those little swimmers he does have have morphology issues. I guess we are an infertility consultants dream huh!

Being a pcos sufferer I decided to try and take control of my body... Especially after The doctor told me I'm not ovulating at all! Sounds cliche but I went on a low GI, virtually gluten free and dairy free diet using the 5:2 fasting method... Fad diets don't normally cut it with me so I opted for this lifestyle change method, and boy is it working!!

When I started in feb this year I weighed a whopping 231lbs! I've managed to get down to 200lbs and while that is still a long way off my target weight (id love to shift another 24lbs by the time the year is out) I am currently partying in my bathroom as my period has just started. Why you ask? Because this is the first 28 day cycle I've had since my teens and it's the first positive sign I've had to finally beating this awful syndrome!

Yay!!

My friends are probably sick and tired of hearing about my ovary function so thought I'd share my journey so far with you... By the way, I've got as far as I have with little exercise... I'm saving that for when I plateau ;)

Anyone else in the same boat? I promise you, conventional methods can work! They may take a little longer but you CAN do it.

Hope to be preggers in 2015 :)

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for posting this! I am in a similar boat. I have PCOS and my DH has low everything. Although for us the only answer is ICSI/IVF, I have been trying to be more active and really change the way I eat to lose weight and hopefully restore some sort of hormonal balance, but hopefully have a healthy pregnancy (assuming IVF works). Hearing your story is good motivation. Thanks! Good luck to you!

9 years ago

very encouraging! Me and my DH have been trying for ALMOST 3 years. and i can promise you i have NEVER been through so much heart break and sadness in my life as this journey has drug me through!
I truly is so hard and the people around you have dont understand, just dont understand! and that is completely fine! but it still hurts. :-/

I've checked my blood levels, uterus, Ovaries, Everything has checked out to be okay! although nothing has happened. next step in DH. Sadly out insurance does not cover infertility. so i am on the search to look for a good one fairly decent priced that does cover it!
Something has got to give!

My Doc. has said it's very possible that i have PCOS because of ALL the WEIGHT gain and weight loss and gain again that has been going on, but i refuse to take that as an answer i guess lol. i researched what exactly PCOS is, and its "EVERYTHING" lol... it's hair on your body, fatty tissue, poor diets, one smaller boob lol ETC! it's ridiculous. so coming across your post has really made me happy to see someone else going through the same struggles!!

Thank you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo