Community post

Discussion

Can't seem to fall pregnant since getting IUD out.

Feeling like its disappointment after disappointment. After having my first child Aidan, I fell pregnant again a year after that but after a miscarriage I decided to get the iud contraception. Had it in for about 3 years wen one night it came out. After going to the hospital I find out I might have POS. I went for an ultrasound and was told I had cysts on my ovaries. I feel like my body is just giving up on me and quitting before its time.. Worried that maybe it's now too late to have another baby. All I get r negative hpt.. I did a full check up, blood tests etc and everything came up clear. 100% healthy. I don't know wats wrong with me and why it's not happening. I watch as others fall pregnant so easily and some just take it for granted. Frustrated with all of this.

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Don't give up! I'm a success story! I too had the IUD, I think I had mine 4 years. Anyways, I thought the same thing, I was never gonna get pregnant. My doctor at the time put me on seasonique for a pack (3 months) and after TTC (we weren't really trying, just stopped preventing ;) for about ohh a year or so? BAM! We got pregnant. We lost the baby, so that's kinda sad, but we DID get pregnant, don't give up! We tried for about a year before being put on the seasonique pill, after going through the 3 months of that pill, we got pregnant 5 mo later

9 years ago

That's great :) I love hearing success stories like that. My IUD actually came out on its own one night and after going to the hospital, they tell me that I might have pcos and gave me meds. I've never had a problem conceiving before I had the IUD and I'm hoping it didn't do any major damage on its way out.
It came out about a year ago now and still nothing.
I'm not giving up although sometimes it does feel hopeless. My first pregnancy was not planned and was a huge shock as I was only 20 years old and wasnt really ready yet but now that I am planning and want more children, it's not happening as easy - ways of the world I guess lol
But I'm nothing if not persistent :)

9 years ago • Post starter

That's great :) I love hearing success stories like that. My IUD actually came out on its own one night and after going to the hospital, they tell me that I might have pcos and gave me meds. I've never had a problem conceiving before I had the IUD and I'm hoping it didn't do any major damage on its way out.
It came out about a year ago now and still nothing.
I'm not giving up although sometimes it does feel hopeless. My first pregnancy was not planned and was a huge shock as I was only 20 years old and wasnt really ready yet but now that I am planning and want more children, it's not happening as easy - ways of the world I guess lol
But I'm nothing if not persistent :)

9 years ago • Post starter

I felt the same way, I was fertile myrtle until I had my iud. After it came out I was in constant fear that it caused damage cause we weren't getting pregnant. Guess the iud just takes time =\ stupid bc lol

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo