Community post

Discussion

A little confused... Need your help

Hi my name is star and I have been TTC for 2 years now. I have an abnormal period. So I was placed on Provera and clomid to help me regulate my period and ovulate. I was able to get pregnant on my 4th cycle of clomid but then I miscarried at 6 weeks on july 7. I started my first period after my miscarriage on August 23rd and I got a positive Ovulation on August 30th. On October 6 and 7 I had a brown discharge, and on the 8 I passed a small blood clot. Nothing else after that. And now today October 29 I had blood when I wiped and nothing again. I don't know if I would consider that a period? I'm so confused. I just want to get back on a normal cycle so I can keep TTC. Thanks for your time.

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi StarRios!

Based on the information you provided, I wonder if maybe your body geared up to ovulate late August (hence the positive OPK) but didn't actually do so. If you did, I think you would have gotten your period or a positive pregnancy test by now. Maybe you ovulated later than expected? Maybe the spotting on Oct. 7/8 was due to ovulation?

Do you keep track of your temperature? If not, I recommend that you start doing so. Fertilityfriend.com is a site that has information to help you get started and keep track of your temperatures.

If you had been keeping track of your temperatures (assuming you weren't), you would have seen a rise in your temperature after you ovulated. Additionally, your temperature would drop during your period, so you would have a better idea of whether or not the bleeding you experienced was a period.

This might be a silly question - but have you taken a test just to be sure the spotting isn't caused by pregnancy?

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but keeping track of my temperature has been SO helpful to me because I have a much better idea of what's going on with my body. For example, I know the reason my period is late is because, according to my temperatures, I ovulated two weeks later than normal.

Sorry this is so long and best of luck to you!

8 years ago

To answer your question: nothing you described sounds like an actual period to me. Mine are lighter than most people from what I've read and I still get at least 1 day where a pantyliner doesn't quite cut it. However, only you know what is normal for you. If it is normal for you to have an actual period where all you get is a little brown spotting and a clot or 2 or something then it is possible that was your period.

Also, as Sophe28 said it may be a bit silly but have you tested? [b]If[b] you really did ovulate end of August/beginning of October and you still haven't gotten a period you're probably pregnant. That is [b]not[b] to say that you definitely did ovulate and it is also not to say that you are pregnant.

It isn't uncommon for me to have cycles that last 2-3 months so I suppose I'm reading this thinking that you could be having just a really long cycle post MC. I know it isn't uncommon to have wonky cycles for awhile after a MC. I've also read that it isn't that uncommon to not ovulate your first cycle after a MC. Not to say that it would be impossible because it's definitely possible to ovulate the first cycle post MC.

Basically, there isn't really any way to know what is going on with you sadly. I have irregular periods (ya know like a 70 day cycle followed by 48, 28, 35, 60, 40 you get the idea) and it has absolutely been a sanity saver to temp ad chart. Then at least I know "okay it's CD30 and I clearly haven't ovulated yet. I should expect this to be a long one." Or "Wow it's only CD 20 and turns out I ovulated on CD17. This is incredible. Looks like it will be a short and sweet cycle this time!" I always strong recommend temping and charting to ladies with irregular periods.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Thanks Sophe28 for your info. Not pregnant unfortunately but I did Start my period on November 19th. Im just happy it started so we can start trying again. Hoping for the best.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo