Community post

Discussion

ANYONE TTC TWINS ?

View Full Post

Hi ladies
I am 41 dh is 40 we have been together 20 years have 6 children aged 19,17, 13, 9, 7 and 5. We have 4 angel babies and we are ttc for the last time
Would really love twins
Anyone else ttc twins ? I obviously know how much work is involved I have plenty of experience in hard work and I know the risks involved in a twin pregnancy (I already have a twin angel baby)
I am only taking natural supplements no clomid or fertility aids as I have no history of fertility problems .
Any advice or a ttc buddy appreciated

110 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 110 Replies | Last Page

Oh jku I'm so sorry, I'm really devastated for u I feel so terrible now announcing my news
I can't believe this has happened I'm truly sorry, I will pray for your recovery and that you can try again soon :-(

8 years ago • Post starter

JKU I am so very sorry to hear of your sad news. I hope you heart will feel peace in the weeks and months to come.

8 years ago

I got a BFP this week. We are hoping that it is twins. I had lots of follicles, so it is possible!

Mommyof6, do you know yet if it is twins?

8 years ago

Hi there congratulations on your I have a scan booked for next Tuesday 15th so I will know bit more then
How are U feeling ? Any symptoms ?

i'm feeling pretty nauseous, pretty much all the time. And very tender. I have had 3 sections and I suspect that I have a few adhesions that is going to give my body some difficulties. And super tired. I have a scan on the 22nd.

How are you feeling?

8 years ago

Yes I expect you will get pulling etc around your scar I have never had a section but I can imagine that would be what would happen wow so U feeling symptoms early then if you have only just had bfp how many weeks are you ?
I'm feeling hideous lol iv never felt so sick in my life it must get worse with each baby!
A scan on the 22nd so lovely just before Christmas bet you can't wait

I am 5 weeks this week. I have been more responsible in my eating habits today and haven't felt nearly as terrible. Such a relief!! I am very excited for the scan!

Maybe you are that sick because your levels are higher because maybe you succeeded in twins!

8 years ago

Hi everyone, first of all congrats to the BFP and mt condolences on the ectopic. :'( I had an ectopic in 2003 (my 3rd pregnancy) I've never gotten over it, it's gotten easier over the years but I understand. Hugs. Since I'm at an increased risk of ectopic I'm always nervous when I get pregnant, but it's nice because I always can get blood tests and oreally ultrasounds to check.

Anyways! I'm definitely not getting any younger and DH and I want twins badly. I'm obviously taking prenatals, ands extra folic acid. I've read that yams increase fertility (the cassava or whatever you call it) because that tribe in Africa eatSouth mainly yams for their diet and they have the highest rate of twins in the world. I've also read that extra folic acid, vitamin C and a diet high in dairy can increase the odds of twins.

Factors that also increase twins is if you've had 4 or more babies, if you're overy 35, if you have a few extra pounds, or are tall (theories are your body believes you have the room and nutrition to sustain a twin pregnancy.

Personally I fit all the criteria except weight, I'm borderline underweight for my height. I try to eat a lot of dairy but I'm not a huge fan, so I stick to the vitamins, prayer and chance that I'll be lucky enough to be blessed with twins.

I'm currently somewhere between 8-14 DPO. I was driving myself nuts with OPKs so I decided not to do them this month (DUMB!) and I'm having major symptoms but I'm thinking they might all be in my head. So far nothing but BFNs and evaps!

I'd love to have some ttc twin friends!

Mama to Jordan, Carter, Ava, Gunner, Georgia, Cruz & 4 Angelbabies. Grammie to Braelynn TTC#7

8 years ago

Jess, Welcome! I hope we all get our hearts desire this month.

8 years ago

Hey! I'm also hoping for twins. And/or a boy. Lol. But of course, a healthy baby/babies of either gender would be amazing! I have two girls, and my first pregnancy was my only boy. He's pretty outnumbered, I'm hoping to give him a buddy!
I'm doing gender swaying, Shettles method. I'm on an alkaline diet, along with doing the 'baking soda finger'(which boosts fertility by itself!)I took maca root for a few months(stopped right before ovulation), prenatals with extra folic acid, and took a very small dose of soy isoflavones on day 4/5 of my cycle.
DH and I BD on the day after I got a positive Opk.. I made sure we only BD that day, abstaining 4 days before and 4 days after O, which was hard. Haha..
My cm was watery the night we BD, so I'm not sure if I had the right timing. The baking soda actually increased my cm, so I didn't bother with the preseed! I had pinching O pains on both sides, so hopefully I released two eggs..
I have really hard pregnancies, and we want 5 or 6 kids, so having twins would probably be my last pregnancy. All three first babies were vaginal deliveries and I went 1-2 weeks overdue with them all. So I'm a good candidate for twins, I think!
3 DPO at the moment!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo